SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,126
I dont know which company STB is offered by SCV but all those STB's are procured from China.........

Dear friends, I was not in chennai since june 2009, so i couldn't pay the due amount scv set top box for 5 months and they disconnected too. What should i do to reactivate? pls help me friendsRegards,your friend

Hi, make a note of you smartcard number, ask you cable operater or you can go to SCV office at giriappa st near GRT hotel T Nagar, and pay the due , it will be recharged ,but leave the set top box on with the smard card.

thanks a lot... is there any fine amount to reactivate? i heard some 400 rupees 've to pay reactivate. is it true?

No ,no fine ,Just pay you old due, in future you can may qtrly, halfyearly payments also, but do not pay this amount to your cable wala, Scv will give you reciept for you payment otherwise insist on a temp reciept, if you pay your cable guy he has to give you a reciept for the payment made. avoid going to SCV office between 1st to 5th as there will be heavy rush at the counters.

thanks.... i reactivated and there is no fine for that...

I took SCV STB connection at Velachery, Chennai..Quality is OK, but customer service is worst of the worst.They will disconnect the broadcast, even though if you pay the bill in time and need multiple calls to restore back the connection. It happened me twice and presently I am out of broadcast. I have been trying to reach their office for the past two days, but no body picks the phone. The numbers I have with me are: 98417 91127 and 2243 4831.Last time some how my wife got the owner number and called him. He responded promptly and the service got rectified immediately. But the service men got angry on my wife for calling the owner. He striked out that number from the card, so that next time we will not call him. So I lost his number.All these days I was recommending SCV to my friends, but now I am rethinking about my decision of continuing with SCVIf any one listens my problem, pl call me 98841 77134

Call CC 28286161 they will respond immediately or reach SCV N0.4 APT Building, Giriappa Road T.Nagar,Chennai.

Call CC 28286161 they will respond immediately or reach SCV N0.4 APT Building, Giriappa Road T.Nagar,Chennai.

Thanks Barani

can you please tell me how to change the package?

I got the stb under "free" offer with Rs.400/- deposit.

Thanks in advance

I took SCV STB connection at Velachery, Chennai..Quality is OK, but customer service is worst of the worst.

They will disconnect the broadcast, even though if you pay the bill in time and need multiple calls to restore back the connection. It happened me twice and presently I am out of broadcast. I have been trying to reach their office for the past two days, but no body picks the phone. The numbers I have with me are: 98417 91127 and 2243 4831.

Last time some how my wife got the owner number and called him. He responded promptly and the service got rectified immediately. But the service men got angry on my wife for calling the owner. He striked out that number from the card, so that next time we will not call him. So I lost his number.

All these days I was recommending SCV to my friends, but now I am rethinking about my decision of continuing with SCV

If any one listens my problem, pl call me 98841 77134

The service person you are cursing is your local cable operator's worker. The owner you called may be local cable operator. I think he is a DMK person. Anyway SCV is mso and these thick skinned fellows take connection from them. Local cable fellows who collect money from us some times delay paying to SCV and SCV without applying its mind disconnects our CAS.

Owner for SCV is Dayanidhi Maran, I hope you didn't call him 😀

Owner for SCV is Dayanidhi Maran, I hope you didn't call him 😀

Isnt SCV owned by Kalanidhi Maran?

SCV has removed the English feed for discovery channel,now its only available in Tamil, the dubbing is sometimes funny 🙁, I would rather have it in English as well.