SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,160
I have already mentioned in other section of tis forum that in 18 months time in TS viewing i have lost picture around 30 mins to 45 mins in this period while i was viewing TS. So In 18 months time i lost pictures in Chennai by using and viewing TS is only 45 mins :yahoo:

Hi guys, I am posting my first message. I got SCV STB after a month of continuous calls made to my cable operator. Finally he gave the box and after a week he gave the smart card. Initially 5 Sun channels were coming and after three days all free channels are coming in digital mode. But I am having two issues 1. First Three days EPG was working and now its not working and the system date is showing 09/03/2028 is there any way to change the date 2. In pay channels I am getting a message box E16 Service scrambled. ( I have subsribed for a package and few other additional channels also)Can anyone help on this.

If you are subscribed to that channel as the person who has provided the smartcard to you.

for 90% of the EPG is wrong in SCV and they provide the EPG for the current program and next program. EPG in SCV STB is utter waste:wall:

How to change the date showing in STBJust now I checked with my cable operator and he is telling it will take 15 days for activation of Pay channels. When I tried to call SCV there is no response from the number. How much days it will take for activation

so whats the use of scv stb and smart card if i change to Tata Sky.do i have to keep in the shelf or is it anyway that stb can be usedwhat package u have taken? they wont pick up the phone. thats the prob.activation done immediately normally..dont know why they are taking lot of time

so whats the use of scv stb and smart card if i change to Tata Sky.

do i have to keep in the shelf or is it anyway that stb can be used

what package u have taken? they wont pick up the phone. thats the prob.
activation done immediately normally..

dont know why they are taking lot of time
Even if you change to TS and holding cable connection with SCV STB then there is no problem you can use both the service if you remove your cable connection after the purchase of TS then there is no use of SCV STB you need to keep in the shelf or almira only

I have a taken a package worth Rs. 25 with taxes it comes to Rs. 30. Apart from this package i have taken 6 more pay channels from SCV. Totally i am paying Rs. 66(incl. Tax) for 11 pay channels what i am watching now.

badly wanted to change to ts. coz paying almost 425 rs for the package.and i have to goto cable wala to pay the amount before the month end.if not then there is a threat of disconnection frm scv. sick of seeing wires hanging around in my terrace.main thing i thought of switching to ts is no professionalism in cablewala. till date i havent received the receipt of scv subscription(almost for 1 year).. coz i dont go and pay in scv... cablewala does that...

Can I get the smart card activated by a different area cable operator, bcoz my cable operator is always telling stories.

i think u cant.. for me card got activated in scv office itself.i went directly... why dont u go directly and get activated...