• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,110

ajuravi007

Regulars
ISP
Airtel
Guys if we have any problems or Queires with respect to SCV STB please post it here and it would be great to solve the issues. My first query - Is the 9x, TV5, DW tv, Aaj Tak tv channels are they coming now in our SCV STB. For the past 10 days these channels are vanished from the SCV STB. Do you guys have any idea on this?

Sorry if it sounds noby but what is SCV stb? I use Galaxzee STBin Kolkata.Are both the same?

Sorry if it sounds noby but what is SCV stb? I use Galaxzee STBin Kolkata.
Are both the same?
SCV is largest MSO in tamil nadu...it is from sun tv network.....

Sorry if it sounds noby but what is SCV stb? I use Galaxzee STBin Kolkata.
Are both the same?
The SCV STB is used and provided by the MSO of Chennai. It wont hurt my friend.

My first query - Is the 9x, TV5, DW tv, Aaj Tak tv channels are they coming now in our SCV STB. For the past 10 days these channels are vanished from the SCV STB. Do you guys have any idea on this?

i am not getting any of these channels either except may be DW, i am also not getting mtv and abc, asked the cable operator and he said something about scv shifting their office, don't really know when it would be solved. Just hoping it would be soon

i am not getting any of these channels either except may be DW, i am also not getting mtv and abc, asked the cable operator and he said something about scv shifting their office, don't really know when it would be solved. Just hoping it would be soon
Yes DW tv is coming but i am getting abc network. I dont know about mtv channel as i am nor subscribing to that pay channel.

One more thing yesterday i tuned the STB in which in the channel list there were 2 test channel named Test HD 1 and TEST HD 2 what does that mean. Does any body has an idea on this who is using or checked on this.

hai ! ajuravi.. i have one query here. i have been using scv stb for the past 2 years. iam using the maximum package.but the prob is of frequent disruptions ,and the poor quality of signals. so i thought of switching to Tata Sky.is tatasky better than cable in clarity and signals. becoz i want to get out of the harrassment of cablewallas.

with respect to quality and siganl reception it is too good and you cant compare with SCV STB & Cable. The problem what we encounter with SCv cable is that if some one switches of the booster in the night or some is cut down in the night it will take a lot of time to rectify and you cant do anything in the night time too as there will be no one to help you out. With respect to TS or even any other DTH service provider if you have got electricity in your house you can enjoy your tv viewing with out any distruption. The only very very very minus point in TS or even any DTH service provider is that when there is heavy rain there will a distruption of service for 2 - 7 minutes but the service resumes automatically no issues on that. I am using TS for the last 18 months and while i was watching tv from TS my tv viewing distruption would been hardly more than 30 mins in these 18 months time. The other minus point with TS with respect to tamil channels is that currently in TS there channels such as Raj TV, Raj Digital Plus, Raj Musix, Jaya Plus, Jaya Max, Isaiaruvi, Mega TV, Win TV, Imayam TV, Makkal TV are missing in TS but i am sure that TS will atleast 3 Tamil Channels in 3-6 Months time. If you are satisfied with the channel packages of TS and Then you can go ahead with TS. Once again i tell you that you cant compare picture quality, sound, Signal quality with SCV STB

ajuravi007 said:
" if you have got electricity in your house you can enjoy your tv viewing with out any distruption."

If you have frequent power cuts, especially in the nights, it is worth investing in an inverter that will support, a fan, a couple of lights, tv and stb. Absence of power will not be missed. I have found this a boon; especially in the evenings and early nights. At least, you will not miss the mega serials and the news.

I totally agree with you. At this point of time i am not having money to invest on inverter in my house may be after 5 years i might plan to do that or even solar energy.

thanx for the clarification. why i thought of switching was last week i missed out the f1 qualifying for malaysian race. it went into scramble mode.2 weeks before also frm sat morning to sun morning it went into scramble mode. scv guys said they are upgrading software or software prob. what the hell i dont know..no one wud even pick up the call....scv guys are like that..

If you are sports loving person i dont like cable or CAS STB really because of the clarity and more importantly at some point of time the cable signal vanishes at critical point of time like yours.

exactly .. thats the point.. i dont watch much tamil channels.. still i dont know why i opted for scv. that time Tata Sky was little bit costly.now iam seriously thinking of moving to ts. dont know scv wud refund the money for smart card.hey! what abt the sound quality in ts?

Still the channels like DD sports DD channels & some pay channels are not good in clarity & the signal is poor.