SCV - STB(Chennai): Problems, Queries and others

• Thread starter Thread starter ajuravi007
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 330
  • Views Views 130,162
@ajuravi , i have a doubt regarding Hathway stb , i have ordered the STB today and i will get it tomorrow, my doubt is whether i can watch the channels in both digital mode(through STB) and analogue mode (normal cable) or i will be able to watch only through digital mode ..
All the channels which comes in normal cable line is also provided in the hathway STB............regarding your question......you watch the channels in both digital mode and analague mode........to watch it in analogue mode you need to buy a wire which to take the output from STB to TV...........then you can watch the channels in both analogue and digital mode........i bought that wire for Rs. 50........

hi ajuravi sir..how r u ..how is ur new hathway set top box..for me i really enjoy with hathway..cheers😀
I am doing good sir..........the best about hathway than SCV is that Hathway is providing 74 channels in normal cable line and the same channels are provided in Hathway STB..........the greatest part for me is that they also provide 5 cable channels in Hathway STB..........i am also enjoying my new connectivity with hathway.......cheers:thumb:

@ajuravi , what is the name of the wire ,???

I dont know yar..........but along with the STB pack they will give a user menu pack take that along with your electrical and electronic shop show the back side component of your STB to that people he will give you the wire.......its nothing but in olden days along with the VCP or VCR they will give you a wire to connect your TV and VCR and VCP.......its the same kind of wire........but please take user menu pack along with you too and show back component picture to those people they will do the needful.........

Since its a pay channel you many not be getting that ask your cable operator to add those channels............:cool2:. HAthway cable have added colors long time back but they have not added Zee MGM till date.......

I'm getting Colors and Zee MGM, On the first day is said "currently scrambled", but now there is no problem. :dance:. (Not that I watch either of these channels but still its good to have them :thumb: )

Great to hear this when i was with them they did not add this channel......i thinnk MGM is a good movie channel.......:thumb:

Hi all,i live in Velachery and have SCV connection. The cable TV guy is giving silly reasons for last 2 months for getting a STB. Can i directly go to SCV and get the STB and connect it or is it mandatory it has to be through a cable operator.Also, any experience on how the picture quality is in 42 lCD/Plasma?Cheers!Ram

I cant comment on picture quality on 42" TV but you can also buy the STB directly from SCV but i think the cost would be higher......if you buy it from your cable operator then you will get it for free and they will ask just a nominal advance payment for deposit Rs. 500...........

Just got the SCV STB and I am disappointed to see SCV does not have Zee Tamil. Is it true or am i missing something?

I have seen Zee Tamil in my inlaws house last week but it was on normal cable line but i am not aware whether this is provided in SCV STB too.........😕

I have seen Zee Tamil in my inlaws house last week but it was on normal cable line but i am not aware whether this is provided in SCV STB too.........😕

Normal cable it does, but when i connect to STB it vanishes. Starnge 😕

It means SCV is not providing those channels in the STB😡........this is what i hate SCV.........i was also using SCV connection 2 months back they dont show some of the channels which are given in normal cable....😡.......but in Hathway they provide all the channels in STB which comes in normal cable...:thumb:........dont get dejected i think very soon SCV might add zee tamil in STB:thumb: