Scheduled Downloading

• Thread starter Thread starter gary
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2,073

gary

Hey guys, any body have the experience of scheduled downloading? If any body have that practice please share your experience here.I just want to know how you schedule your download, the duration of downloading, the downloader you use, the computer settings you use to prevent damage to your system during long duration of downloading, the problems u face in a scheduled dowload etc etc

u need to use your router in bridge mode for this to work...u need flashget and easy sleep program...use ur broadband connection as a dialup...anyways u have to dialin when using in bridge mode...first select the schedule time..something like 2:10 AM to 7 50 AM...put all the files to be downloaded under the scheduler...then in the flashget options select tah flashget can dialin..it will be in the flashget--...options--.dialup netwroking...now flashget will auto dial at 2.10 am....now what u have to do is select hangup modem after usage..it should auto disconnect..to be extra sure..use the easy sleep program to shutdown ur system at 7:55 AM...simple 🙂

yeah.. dont forget to switch of ur monitor and speakers.. I suggest getting extra fans to keep your computer cool.. this not only helps in preventing any damaga.. but.. it could actually extend the life of ur comp..

Why all this bridge mode?Just get Getright s/w and schedule ur downloads.I dont have any extra fans... often my comp keeps running for 2-3 days...before giving some rest!

Thanks! At last some one has responded to my post!!

QUOTE(sourabh @ Oct 17 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]65707[/snapback]
u need to use your router in bridge mode for this to work...u need flashget and easy sleep program...use ur broadband connection as a dialup...anyways u have to dialin when using in bridge mode...first select the schedule time..something like 2:10 AM to 7 50 AM...put all the files to be downloaded under the scheduler...then in the flashget options select tah flashget can dialin..it will be in the flashget--...options--.dialup netwroking...now flashget will auto dial at 2.10 am....now what u have to do is select hangup modem after usage..it should auto disconnect..to be extra sure..use the easy sleep program to shutdown ur system at 7:55 AM...simple 🙂
[/b]

All right! Flashget certainly dials at the scheduled time. But the computer has to be in the switched on state that time.
I have Dataone 500 connection and I browse till 11 p.m., switch off the computer and go to sleep. Even if I leave the system switched on, it will have to remain idle till the free hours.
So any easy solution?

not that im aware of.. u can turn off the monitor and if u have an amd processor use the cool and quiet technology built into it.. this will consume minimum power

@ gary , check the power settings in your BIOS .
if you have automatic power on feature ( Alaram ... )
then you can use it .
then selecting the " wake the computer to run this file "
option in the advanced properties of the scheduled task ...

QUOTE(gary @ Oct 17 2006, 08:39 PM) [snapback]65756[/snapback]
Thanks! At last some one has responded to my post!!
All right! Flashget certainly dials at the scheduled time. But the computer has to be in the switched on state that time.
I have Dataone 500 connection and I browse till 11 p.m., switch off the computer and go to sleep. Even if I leave the system switched on, it will have to remain idle till the free hours.
So any easy solution?
[/b]

80% of the power is consumed by the monitor...though I am afraid you will need to keep your system on for the scheduling to work. And you can schedule a disconnect time and a sleep time where it will auto shutdown in the morning. I cant think of anything else which will work.