scared to change to DSL 599

gauravmhatre

Regular
ISP
MTNL TRIBAND
Hi friends,I am using triband from Mumbai.Currently I am on 399 plan where i get free usage of 700 MB. I want to change to DSL 599 plan,but i am scared to do so.The reason being last time I had changed to DSL 599, my ADSL light went off and i was not able to acess internet,It came back when i changed back to DSL 399.I want to again change to 599,wht do u think i should do,and will the ADSL light go off again.The CC never knows abt all this so the best is to ask you all. pls do reply since me finding 399 damn expensive.

pls reply fast

may be because in dsl 599 the minimum upload speed is 512 and the call centre guys do not sync me with that rate,therefore the ADSL light goes offwhat say??? is that the reason!!!

Please Post modem/ line details... need to verify your sync rate and attainable rate.... Most probably ur attainable rate maybe poor because of which u dont get sync at a higher rate than what you have now.... @essbebe ur thoughts?

This is the detail

Downstream Upstream

SNR Margin
:
36.0 22.0 db

Line Attenuation
:
34.5 24.0 db

Data Rate
:
2048 256 kbps

strange that both snr margin and line attn. are >30 (atleast for me!)does the unstability still bother?:huh:

I think I shall try again to cgange to DSL 599,hpe my ADSL light does not go offanyways i guess lately triband demand has gone away as compared to previous years... what say???Just recently I took the pigeon VOIP,and till now its is good,also they r not charging for the bandwith.But i still feel that cable guys are most preferable by many people,due to their unlimited packages, quick service etc... what say???

Hey socrates, You r having DSL 599 plan right... wht is the minimum speed u r getting.On site it is mentioned tht minimum speed is 512 and max is 2mpbs.R u getting the desired speed.And fromwhich exhange r u ?????

I am on Prabhadevi exchange. I dont quite understand ur question but here goes I am synced at (D-Link-502T) myDL = 2034 &UL = 510I use DAP (download manager) for downloading & I usually get 210 - 225 KBps max 230 (rarely). And DU meter always seems to show DL as 1.82 mbps 😱