Scammers on eBay India

• Thread starter Thread starter goodburner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 75
  • Views Views 12,648
ISP
Airtel
I was looking to buy a tablet and saw a Nexus 7 with Wi-Fi and 3G 2013 version at a great price and sorta impulse bought the item. Bad decision. The item was not shipped for 5 days, the scamsters website was blocked by my antivirus and the guy insisted the tab had a sim slot when infact the Cellular version is yet to be launched.
No real damages done financially as the refund has been initiated by the system, apart from losing a week and a half, I guess.

MORAL : Stay away from new sellers, I know some or what the heck most may be legit, but its not worth it. And if something is too good to be true, it probably is.

had similar problem. Bought an item from a newbie seller having 200 ratting with 100% positive feedback. After one week wait, seller calls me asks for extension saying item will be shipped soon if i accept the extension 1 month, since i had used the coupon code on this seller i accepted it, BAD MOVE !
I called up the seller again after 1 week asking about the shipping he said " abhi paka nahai hai kab tak ayega" and then since then i have got no response from him.
In total about 17 days have passed now !
I opened a case on ebay for item not received and ebay customer care have changed this case to item not as per description on their own and asking for snapshots even when the case mentions item has not been shipped.
Case might get closed in 48 hrs. Not sure how to get my refund now :
The seller seems to some how is able to get his -ve feedback removed from ebay, he had more than 3 in a weeks time and all vanished !

If the seller has the power to remove negative ratings then all the power sellers, 100% positive rating (above 1000) have no meaning. Then how does one judge the credibility of the seller if the system is rigged

Whenever the seller gets negative feedback, he calls the buyers and pursuade them to add a followup feedback which should say 'Please remove my feedback'. When the buyer posts this followup feedback, the seller gets in touch with eBay and gets the feedback removed. A negative feedback can only be removed if the buyers puts 'Please remove my feedback' as a followup.

nope, ebay has recently started seller protection where -ve feedback are removed of buyers having low score. I have a score of 12 that should be good i guess if i give him -ve feedback, though i have never given to any seller.
Usually I get it sorted it off with ebay cust. care but this time its a mess thanks to the long 1 month shipping time i accepted :tongue:

Oh ok. Coz that's how it used to work before.
I have a score of 90 now. Have left two or three negative feedbacks out of which the sellers followed up with me and sorted the problem out. I left a followup feedback stated as above and my negative feedback was removed.

A rule of thumb should be "never" allow seller more time to ship the item if the specified time has passed.
What I've learnt from past is sellers who pro-long the wait times are more prone to eat up your money easily.
As a seller ebay allows you to clearly mention "Handling time" and then the shipping time, and once this is passed the auto-refund is triggered
so if you try to by-pass the ebay system, you are also bypassing the money protection you have in place.
I've had very hot fight with one seller in past, where he was demanding more money after ordering and same product was available cheaper than
initial listed price in company showroom itself, I fought and left a negative feedback once refund reached me, He kept on calling me for months and one fine day
"SHUDH HINDI mein explain karr diya" he never called back, else I would have asked for police help.
SO don't have mercy on sellers who are not playing fair, you are risking your money and also letting others fall for the bad seller.

Edit: Sushubh, where's my Chocolates and Beers, I just completed 1000 posts here,thanks to you for having a interesting place to share, this is the only forum I am regular on.

yup i have already told ebay many times to implement a way to keep buyers no. private, they calls us like anything. I had received a broke product last month. The seller kept trying to tell me to keep trying to use like he says it was a freaking handle which was broken lol and he kept calling me, got it sorted it out with ebay later then.
My current case however is all screwed up, by mistake while opening the case i might have clicked on product not as per description instead of not shipped option :tongue: now i wanted obviously correct it but there is no way to do so on dam ebay system and response i got was " please give us product received pictures"
Yesterday i spent 26 min ( 20 min on hold, 6 min of talking ) on ebay cuct. to try to get it sorted but dam call got disconnected. I did not have the patience to do the dam thing again :tongue:
@ghpk congrats on 1k posts 🙂

will certainly drop by for a coffee,
next time I visit delhi.

Morons at ebay with their crappy system have decided to close the claim without even doing anything about it and now new claim can not be opened :

Dear anant,
We thank you for your precious time in helping us investigate the issue you faced with your purchase. We regret to inform you that after investigating the claim we are rejecting your eBay Guarantee* claim request. For more information check http://pages.ebay.in/help/ebay-guarantee.html#buyereligibility.
Please find the details here
Action : Buyer Claim request rejected by eBay

had opened a item not received claim. Ebay changed to item not described claim and boom case closed now.

call customer care everyday till they connect you to someone senior.
this particular seller is certainly not fair and should be reported and you should be refunded by ebay.

ebay cust. care is just useless. It took them 20 min to just connect and then another 6 min to explain the dam case to the guy and then the guy puts me on hold and then the dam call got disconnected!
ishaan said:
So exactly whose fault it is? Your or seller?
ebay! They have been removing -ve feedbacks of the seller. Otherwsie I would have never bought from him !

seller now has messaged a tracking no. to me on ebay just one day after the case was closed :
The tracking no. status since Saturday has been out for Delivery from a area which is 60 km away from my registered shipping address at ebay :
called ebay they said they wont do anything since case is closed and then the cust guy started blaming me for buying in the 1st place :
after 20 min of being harassed by ebay cust care got them to reopen the case, Have been told a call back tomorrow lets see...
https://imgur.com/s8oBqdY