SBI UPI Status !

• Thread starter Thread starter Dravin
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,893
Currently, SBI UPI is Down!

Does SBI have their own UPI system or like UPI as a whole for their accounts? Because from my personal experience SBI has never let me down while doing UPI transactions any time of the day be it early morning or late night (just been a customer for 1 - 2 months though). Using BHIM and Amazon Pay UPI.

Never knew that is something like that banks have in place, is this true for most public sector banks?

Federal Bank sends out messages a week before they're taking down UPI and netbanking for maintenance, that too only around midnight. SBI I'd imagine must have something like that. Other than that I'm not aware of any banks not allowing transactions at a particular time.

Last edited:
@HC1337 SBI UPI are frequently down as they keep doing regular maintenance or CBS Database backup, whatever the reason they have! One thing is sure, the customer base of SBI is very large and that means the number of transactions is very high (45 crore customers). Perhaps that might be the reason.

Haven't encountered downtimes on SBI UPI while I had to use it yet, I'm still a new customer so let's see. Switched to SBI in hopes of getting away from the downtimes of IB, but history might repeat itself.