SBI Simple Click card approval delayed

• Thread starter Thread starter royalroy
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1,951
ISP
Alliance BB (AS23860); Wnet (AS55862)
My dad applied for the SBI simply click credit card at the SBI branch on 4 September. He got a verification call from SBI on 6 September and then, everything went lull. He raised a complaint after 21 days but nothing happened. This was a bit odd as he has been an SBI salary account holder since 1992, is a central government-run university employee, and has the highest variant of the salary account SBI provides. Then, he mailed the SBI branch manager, customer service head of the credit card team on 4 October regarding this. The manager was helpful and forwarded the mail to many SBI CARD officers and on 5 October verification was done. The card was approved on 6 October with a definite credit limit and he got a message that he would be receiving it within 7 days (informed over the phone by customer support). But no courier tracking ID was shared; the customer support said that the card has been generated but it has not been dispatched. On 12 October, he received another mail from the CEO's desk saying this application was being processed on a priority basis. Then, he received another email on 12 October with a pdf letter attached (dated 11 October), saying that the card has been approved and he would be receiving it within 7 days!!!!!! Today is 13 October and the card has not been dispatched still. The CEO desk mailed that this case was being handled on a priority basis and again gave a deadline of 17 October!!!!!!!!!!! Never ever go with SBI. I shop a lot from Amazon and Flipkart. So, I want to use YONO + Simply Click for 5%+2.5% cashback. But SBI won't give me the card, though it has been approved.

Any update in your case? I too have applied for the card and now regretting it having read your experience.fingers crossed. Do let know of right people to approach in case one goes through a similar ordeal

I think they had lost my application. I kept on escalating it by sending multiple emails. After 1 month, they made another CIBIL enquiry and issued the credit card. You'll find all email IDs here:

Source

For any issue with banks, google 'bank name escalation matrix', and you should get all the emails of higher officials.

Which card did you apply for?

I got a call from SBI that they're offering me a Simply Click card.

He explained that we get 10 points for every 100 rupees spent (if we shop at exclusive partners such as bookmyshow, Amazon, Lenskart).

1 reward point = 0.25 paise, so Rs. 2.5 on spending 100 rupees (if we shop at their exclusive partners).

If I have 1,000 rewards points I would get a Rs. 250 Amazon giftcard. Basically 2.5% cashback.

Now when I told him that I can get 5% cashback on spending on Amazon using ICICI card, why should I get Simplyclick card?

He said, sir ap soch lo, baad mein baat karte hai.

evil eye stare GIF

I doubt they encash 1000 points with Amazon ₹250 gc. I have the card and the only option is ₹500 gc with 2000 points.