SBI is down

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1,115
Yep, UPI isn't working on SBI with PhonePe

Last edited:
Sbi yono is also not working not even launching the app. but its not a surprise since its a regular routine with sbi

Yesterday while using yono SBI lite app, it was so slow that I ended up double transferring amount. Since it was my own account so no issues, but it would have definitely created a problem.

Not only this, even OBC's migration to PNB has not been without outages.

Yesterday while using yono SBI lite app, it was so slow that I ended up double transferring amount. Since it was my own account so no issues, but it would have definitely created a problem.
One thing I've learned from this Tom Scott video
Source

Never try again if some transaction fails and the money got debited. The banking system itself is very robust, if the money left it will end up at the destination or it'll come back if the received party didn't get an acknowledgement (something like that). Only the user facing sides have issues.

Last edited:
@Adithya imagine the plight when we are in shop or something ,and when we don't have the money with us and trying to do a upi transaction,
a couple of times I ended up double transferring the amount...and the hassle of going back and making them to send the money back

If anyone with knowledge on banking services, don't these guys have a backup or load sharing server wherein the load is transferred to backup incase the original one crashes.

No, I meant instead of entire service going for a toss, they would get an indication that something is not right and would share/transfer the load to other server so that continuity remains.
Some sought of fail-check mechanism could be implemented if transaction fails half way.

Yesterday it was showing on yono login page that their hosting provider IBM is investigating the matter. It's working for me today, but it's extremely slow. I dread the day China decides to DDoS our banks.

I remember when HDFC BANK first came out wth the facility to recharge prepaid mobile. I got a triple debit because even the error was misleading because of which I kept trying repeatedly but the staff in my branch then got two debits reversed. After that I never used hdfc bank to recharge my phone.

@Tejas01 Technically many things are possible. But it boils down to hope much money is the organization ready to spend. In all companies the IT budget will be made by the technically competent people (i hope) but the budgets are sanctioned by a bunch of bean counters who may or may not understand their elbow from their AH regarding IT systems. All apologies to any bean counters here, no offense meant✌🏻