Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) News

smartbuddy_82

Regulars
ISP
MTNL
Sign in this petition and help in stopping the near 50% reservation for OBCs in IITs and IIMs http://www.petitiononline.com/No_Quota/ (pass this link to as many people as you can)

I am not against backward class people. But let them compete with everyone else and if they cant pay the fees bec they are from backward class, waive their fees off.

But why the hell give them reservation in seats and reduce the number of seats to the more deserving people who work hard for years just to get into IIT's and IIM's? :angry:

Backward class people means they cannot afford to pay but if they have brains then they can compete with everyone get selected and then other students/organisations/government can pay their fees...

i agree...

if only our news channels were more interested in this rather than salman khan going to jail.

i too completely agree.i would also like to add that even i belong to a reserved catagory and am able to get reservations in some places.but i am completely against it and i dont like it at all. if you want to give a fair treatment to all, do it so by having no reservations. with these reservations instead of giving fair treatment to the reserved people, they are being unfair to the other people.

I have a feeling this is being done to get as many votes from the SC/ST's as possible with elections(i forgot which one,lol) approaching in some states coz Congress is feeling the heat with the demolitions and sealing of unauthorised shops in Delhi and fear of the same happening in other cities too. So they're resigned to the fact that the middle n upper class ppl will be pissed. And the other political parties dare not oppose the bill for obvious reasons. It's just pathetic...the dirty games these politicians play.

Originally posted by Sushubh@Apr 10 2006, 06:14 PM
if only our news channels were more interested in this rather than salman khan going to jail.
[snapback]47762[/snapback]
[/quote]
.. and if only they realized the meaning of the word "breaking news" - till 10 pm they were showing the salman khan news as "breaking news" !!!!!!!!!!! at that point the only thing it was breaking was the hearts of a few million stupid people who think he is a good actor and/or a nice guy and/or a celebrity unneccesarily being targeted 🙄

sensationalist asses.

btw, coming back to the topic, did anyone see the mess on NDTV's "We the People" ?

There must be 100% reservations only for bright and meritous candidates.
If they do want to give reservations, only economic background must be the criteria.
They are taking India 10-15 years back.

Originally posted by vebmetal@Apr 12 2006, 12:16 AM
btw, coming back to the topic, did anyone see the mess on NDTV's "We the People" ?
[snapback]47925[/snapback]
[/quote]

I hate my cable-guy. NDTV channels doesn't show up here.

I totally agree with the sentiment in this thread, but does ANY of you honestly think online petitions are gonna actually make any kind of difference at all?(in this country called India, where even public marches of hundreds of thousands of ppl does not even get any attention from the government)

Yes in India the Government does only what they feel is right. Who cares about public sentiments in our country? For the politicians, the general public is just seen as vote bank and not seen as Citizens of India.
There must be 100% reservations only for bright and meritous candidates.
If they do want to give reservations, only economic background must be the criteria. [/b]
I totally agree on that. Reservations only to poor needy but Intelligent students and not to rich, not so intelligent Reserved Category students. :angry:

The British followed the "Divide & Rule policy" to loot once Rich
India and our politicians follow that policy even after almost 60 years of Independence....

While I totally agree to all the above contributors, the fact is these politicians wish to wash their hands off of their responsibility of providing basic educational amenities to one and all in the villages and underdeveloped areas.If they really want to uplift all the communities, they should provide good quality education to all the people. Then see how everyone in the village competes with those in cities and gets a place with merits.Ofcourse, as this would impose huge funds and as they would not get anything out of it and once the village side voters are educated, they would not vote for them, these dirty politicians are introducing such nonsense politics as reservation and really deny those reserved category people their due slot in our society.