• Views Views 7,090

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
https://imgur.com/3uquO

If I am to believe this report... I get these ideas...

He realizes that the Indian team no longer wants him.
He thinks that the domestic cricket is not worthy of playing.
He is ready to play domestic cricket provided he gets to play in IPL.
IPL is the only cricket league he is interested in playing.

https://imgur.com/jsmOr

From another article which posted his interview... He said that his cricketing skills makes him worthy of playing in IPL. He is not sure why the teams are ignoring him (!). He does not want to play the role of a mentor in IPL.

It was horrible in twitter. Ayaz Memon and Harsha Bhogle tweeted that he has retired from forms of cricket. Many people started posting their views/reviews on itThen Hindustan Times tweeted that he has not retired. It is bad to see such a player ending this way, he should have made it graceful.Lot of respect to Kumble who retired at the right time from test cricket and IPL.

Yes, Kumble did the right thing by taking on the mentoring role once he realized that he was unlikely to be picked up Bangalore. 😀

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Twitter

He shud be knowing, doubling the price was the reason.. but he HINTED that it was some politics! 😀

oh of course. he is not ready to accept that he breaks the team morale by bringing in some politics 'himself'!

Gavaskar, and now Kumble had set an example. Many seniors should have followed them.

Curious case of Ganguly 😀
Bizarre Pune management baffles all!
Contradictory statements from all circles have been the norm, and yesterday was no different, as Sourav Ganguly walked out to toss for their away game against Rajasthan Royals.

Sample this. Scene one: Ganguly tells a press conference that he is the captain till the end of the season, and reports about him being asked to step down for the last three games are incorrect. Just an hour later, team owner Subrata Roy tells a news channel that Ganguly has decided to skip the last three games to give youngsters a chance. Less than 24 hours later, Steven Smith leads against RCB.
Conclusion: Mr Roy and Ganguly are not quite on the same page, perhaps.

Scene 2: Smith attends the post-match press conference after RCB game, and says he has been handed captaincy for the last three games, and Ganguly would not play. Cut to yesterday, and, not surprisingly, Ganguly walks out for the toss.
Conclusion: Mr Roy, Ganguly and Smith are not quite on same page, or, maybe, Ganguly is writing his own script.

To make things look even more bizarre, Ganguly said after the toss that ‘me not playing in IPL anymore is just a story created by media’

This I P L is last nail in coffin for Ganguly...

Knowing how Ganguly reacts to such situations, I think it was Subrata Roy's mistake to make such an announcement before quietly having a word with him.... Had he spoken with him & convinced him, he would have sit out.. Having been ignored before the announcement... Ganguly simply had to play to make Subrata red-faced.

----------

Well... I doubt even Ganguly would have tried to play next year.... The max would have been CL-T20 later this year had Pune qualified.

----------

Another joke is the way they tried to say that Ganguly was not keen to play even this year, but they had to force him --- Knowing Ganguly, I found that to be both unbelievable and funny - I think it was a shoddy attempt to say "We are not dropping him, in fact even this year we had to cajole him to play - he only wanted to be a mentor". This snub will be step in Ganguly's task to walk away from Pune and take up Television coverage related work for next year.

Its time for him to say good bye, he is the best captain Indian team ever had. He is the architect of the Indian cricket team which won the world cup. But he should realize that its time to say goodbye

He may need to purchase some of existing team, or launch new team, so he could continue playing in I P L 🙂

Well to be honest, all he said was 365 days (its actually 10 months, since this circus lasted almost 2 months, making the next one is 10 months away) is too early to decide about it. I think he will not comeback. But, he just wanted to get back at the owner's statements. It was like, I will decide when to go, not you. Moreover, Dravid said something similar during yesterday's match against Mumbai.

Willing to coach team India if given a chance: Sourav Ganguly : Cricket, News - India Today
Sourav Ganguly keen to coach Team India : Cricketnext
Former Indian captain Sourav Ganguly has shown interest to coach Team India. The 42-year-old, who played his last Test in 2008, says he is ready to take the mantle of a coach if the BCCI appoints him. "Obviously, I have interest in coaching but only time will tell what can happen in future. If the BCCI feels that I can be a good coach, I will be ready. I feel I can create a difference in terms of the ability, form and development of the players. That will be the way for me to repay the game," Ganguly was quoted as saying by Hindi news channel 'Aaj Tak'.

He should try with U19 or India A team first. BCCI should check if he can manage it. And hopefully no politics please 🙂