Samsung to stop Bada development by 2013

• Thread starter Thread starter socrates
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,082
Somehow.... It was known to all... Especially when they are also into Android, Windows, Feature phones etc... Maybe they could have moved this to be in only their feature phones.

Bada... whats the use if there's android. Moreover, Android makes the phone cost economical. But what advantage does Bada have compared to Android? You wont get apps for bada, even java apps wont work.

Who cares! It was expected tbh.

----------

@mreccentric: Java apps work on bada OS.

Samsung was spreading its self too thin by putting its fingers in so many pies, something had to give way. Unfortunately its Bada now it can be something else later as the economic shoe pinches. 🙂

----------

Bada... whats the use if there's android. Moreover, Android makes the phone cost economical. But what advantage does Bada have compared to Android? You wont get apps for bada, even java apps wont work.

I am not sure what you mean by 'Android makes the phone cost economical.' :no:It's only in the recent past that Android phones have become 'economical'. Their costs maybe 'economical' but not its prices.

IN Jan this YR, they had announced the Demise of their Bada OS

Samsung Merging Its Bada OS With Intel-Backed Tizen Project - Forbes

In fact i am surprised they have not yet stopped the Devices. In Jan itself when they should have stopped the Production of Devices with Bada

This is cheating the consumers by halting the production after 1 year of announcement. Gullible customers would have bought million of devices in this period.

Bada Os still has a larger Marketshare compared to Windows Phone

@mreccentric: Java apps work on bada OS.
Oh really? Then i'll try installing some Nokia games to my Samsung Phone.

I am not sure what you mean by 'Android makes the phone cost economical.' :no:It's only in the recent past that Android phones have become 'economical'. Their costs maybe 'economical' but not its prices.
Android phones are relatively cheap because Google develops it. The mobile company doesn't require to develop an OS on its own. So, it saves the company's time, money and manpower.

Android phones are relatively cheap because Google develops it. The mobile company doesn't require to develop an OS on its own. So, it saves the company's time, money and manpower.

See above 🙂 I think you have to differentiate between costs & prices. Google might have developed the firmware but the companies also provide a UI of their own just to differentiate themselves from each other, Also remember that the phone manufacturers are also paying big bucks per Android phone to Microsoft & Apple. Yes that's right. I still stand by what I have said that its a recent event that really good cheap Android phones have come into the market which need not necessarily disappoint the buyer.