• Replies Replies 72
  • Views Views 18,306

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Any ideas if this budget segment LCD monitor is worth buying?Any other recommendations below 15K?

theres the Viewsonic 1930WM which you can get it for around 11.7k i think. how much you getting the Samsung 940NW for?both these monitors are equally good, the only difference being the Viewsonic 1930WM has also has a DVI-D input while the Samsung 940NW does not.any of these monitors are trully worth buying mate. :thumbsup😛ersonal suggestion is go for the viewsonic. but you may not like the bulge it has at the bottom (have heard this from a few people).DVI-D looks better provided you have graphic card good enough.otherwise i think the samsung is also a good buy.

I use a Viewsonic vg 2021m (_not_wide) and I'm quite happy with it. I have an nvidia 6150 onboard, so I hook up the DVI. On the analog, I've connected an external TV Tuner box😉At work I use a 940 NW. Like viral said, lack of DVI could be a limitation in this day and age but nevertheless it seems to do its job. The other thing worth noting is that the resolution on these wide monitors can never be higher than 1440 x 900, whcih can be a pain depending on your usage... That apart, I think it's worth a buy.:thumb:

hmm i wanted to go for a black colored screen. samsung one is available in silver only i guess... i would try to find out the viewsonic one.

you'll get the viewsonic one in black. its really good for its price. 🙂

right thinking of going for that 🙂

oh yes i forgot to mention, do check the screen for any dead pixels before buying. 🙂

right... what kind of warranty do we get in india?how many dead pixels to get a replacement? 3 is the standard for Apple mac i think...

i think you need a minimum of 5 dead pixels to get a replacement. do confirm it as im not sure.

Couldn't see what the link points to. It says session has expired. In general I've seen Dell monitors have higher native resolution than the other ones. Whether they are value for money is yet to be seen. Thats an RGB port and s-Video, from top.

Hmmm... Warranty is a purely individual preference(I'm more risk seeking so settle for a lesser warranty) but that apart, this monitor has all the bells and whistles I would say. What's more, it is DVI/HDCP enabled, so go for it:thumbsup::thumbsup:And don't forget to bargain with the Dell guy. I've seen people getting around 10% knocked off the listed price.

hmmm........seems quite good. you can go for it if you are ok with the price. 🙂

ordered it. listed price. 5 years warranty.Dell dude said... they would 'replace' the monitor in case 5 dead pixels on corners or 1 dead pixel near the center. for a period of 5 years.