Samsung selling GT-I9100G as GT-I9100 in India (crappier hardware version of Galaxy S II)

Its almost over. And even if the "enemy" tries to play foul in the dying moments, then u still have backup weapons! 😀

So the question remain is: How to get the original S2 when shopping online?

man .. can u tell me how u got the refund nd ol.
am same victim like u.. can u send me a quick message on erfaisal@gmail.com
or just write ur phone number there. i can call u and discuss.. 🙂 Forums give me hard time to track.. an new to them

thanks
Faisal

Ask the seller for the full model number printed on the sticker on the box.

Flipkart has 2 different listings one for GT-I9100G and other for GT-I9100. But others have not specified. So its very risky to buy online.

Samsung does this all the time. The same was the case when I was planning to get Samsung Galaxy 3, around a year and a half back. While I was searching for this handset with white back cover and I was seeing two different looking handsets in the same name i.e. Samsung Galaxy 3, though their model number said GT-I5800 and GT-I5801.

This is GT-I5800.

While this is GT-I5801 (The one purchased by me, the box clearly said Samsung Galaxy 3):

Though the hardware inside is the same, in GT-I5800 the buttons are physical and in GT-I5801 the buttons are touch sensitive, even the centre button is different. And because of this I had a tough time getting a scratchguard for this, because of the difference in front layout. In India, both the handsets are called Samsung Galaxy 3, while abroad, GT-I5800 is Samsung Galaxy 3 while GT-I5801 is called Samsung Galaxy Apollo. So, the device I bought is actually Samsung Galaxy Apollo, though the box says Samsung Galaxy 3. The price of both the handsets were the same. The main question is, why do they do these kinda goof ups in India. They should clearly be taught a lesson for this.

If they have written Galaxy 3 on the box then its fine because they have named apollo as galaxy 3 only in india. If they would have mentioned the model number on the box, similar to my case then it was cheating.

----------

man .. can u tell me how u got the refund nd ol.
am same victim like u.. can u send me a quick message on erfaisal@gmail.com
or just write ur phone number there. i can call u and discuss.. 🙂 Forums give me hard time to track.. an new to them

thanks
Faisal

Akosha.com is the place to file the complaint. They approached the higher authorities and the settlement was reached.

If they have written Galaxy 3 on the box then its fine because they have named apollo as galaxy 3 only in india. If they would have mentioned the model number on the box, similar to my case then it was cheating.

----------

Akosha.com is the place to file the complaint. They approached the higher authorities and the settlement was reached.

I was seeing 'Samsung Galaxy 3' on boxes of two different model numbers GT-I5800 and GT-I5801. Even the front side layout was different, including the difference in buttons and its shape.

You didnt get my point if they call both the model number as Galaxy 3 you cant challenge them. But my case is entirely different.

Well, I just quoted my incident as I felt your case was similar (GT-I9100 & GT-I9100G both are called Samsung Galaxy SII).

I understood your point though. In your case, even on the box of GT-I9100G, it was written GT-I9100. Good to hear about the outcome. Do post here when you get your money back...

UPDATE: Called up service center yesterday for an update on the cheque and to my utter shock they said it will take 45days.
When i submitted the handset they said it will be given to me within a week.
Today i got call from samsung 2 times and they said 45 days is a not the case but it can take upto 15-20days.

Legal notice has already been sent to them i guess the calls were in response to that notice only.

Now should i press on response for notice, and turn on the heat on them or shall i wait?