Samsung One UI News & Updates

Some observations on One UI 4 based on Android 12 from my side-

1. Green indicator is displayed in right corner if camera or mic is access by some app. On expanding notification, respective mic/camera symbol is seen.
2. Calendar Widget UI is slightly changed, looks more colourful.
3. Weather App UI colour changes based on weather conditions, also has 1 Widget which changes matching colour.
4. AOD has new option to display for new notification.
5. New animation of green colour circle is displayed when charging is started.
6. New animation when phone lock/unlock.
7. New stretching effect during scrooling at end of page in system UI, like settings page.
8. Lock screen notification size is small and sleek.
8. Colour Palette: Able to change notification shade and system icons/button from Wallpaper colours.

Under the hood changes are not visible or not noticeable to me.
Security Patch is Dec 2021.
Dynamic Screen Refresh which can automatically change screen refresh rate from 10 Hz to 120 Hz is missing.

Overall I can say 90% phone experience is same as One UI 3/Android 11, including my WhatsApp notification bug 😀

Edit: Notify Update
This link has more detailed change log for One UI 4.

Last edited:
Dynamic display refresh rate depends upon the hardware. So you are saying oneui 4 update removed that feature on your phone?

Reactions: SVK
It was not present earlier, but I thought it might come with update.

You don't have this option?

L7R0qo1.png

devices with two refresh rate options like s20 fe and s21 fe just have normal and smooth options. no automated switching between them. no variable refresh rate. you can stay at 60 or 120.

samsung also changed text selection behavior on android 12. not sure if this is google's implementation. when you long press on a link text, earlier, it used to select the entire link. i think this was part of android smart selection where android predicted what you wanted to select for copying. now it only copies the text bit where you long press.

thankfully, samsung did not remove the movable menu bar functionality on web.

Is it only on Samsung or all Android phones, when I open some websites in Chrome, Firefox or Google News, they open like Desktop version with small text.
I have seen it for ndtv, news18, Cricuzz. Desktop option for that website was not selected.
IBF opens in mobile version.

For the last 2-3 days I have noticed this as well. Some Indian news sites load in desktop mode. I can only assume that they are the ones having issues with mobile layout.

Reactions: SVK