Samsung Galaxy SIII - My 1st Android Review !!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 7,185

IndianMascot

Addicts
ISP
Reliance, Tata Photon + , MTNL 3G Jadoo
Hello Friends,

I was waiting for some 4G handset to be launched which supports Indian 4G Network but recently came to know that no such handset will be launched in next 2 years. RIM OS 10 & Lumia 900 were also in my wishlist but after through study regarding features and future, I finally nailed down on Samsung Galaxy S III : My 1st Android .

Unboxing my Samsung Galaxy S III

Some More Screens :

About Features of Samsung S III everyone is talking about !!

1. Smart Stay - Loving this feature as very much useful for Internet savvy people. Only Defect is it doesn't work when room light is switched off.

2. Direct call - Another Nice feature and works Perfectly .

3. S Voice - Works perfectly for already trained commands. But still need improvement .

4. S Beam - Didn't tested as unable to find any NFC enabled device till now.

5. Burst Shot - Amazing feature but I still need to train myself to use this feature efficiently .

6. 50 GB Dropbox Space - Activated and assigned after following 4-5 steps 😉

Also got 8 GB Free Mirco SD Card on its Purchase .

1st Firmware Update Received

Congrats on your buy!S Beam currently is only between Galaxy S3 devices. Other NFC devices are also not supported. So if you have another S3 then you can use the feature.

Congrats on getting such an amazing phone.Advice - If you can, try to avoid OTA updates. A few Galaxy Notes were bricked after updating OTA. The ones updated on Kies were fine. Just saying..

Yes, I usually avoid OTA Update. One of my friend updated his Note to ICS via OTA and Camera Stopped working. I was just trying to check the update and it started updating automatically. Will be cautious next time . Thanks 🙂

Congratulations and welcome to the club.

1. Smart Stay - Loving this feature as very much useful for Internet savvy people. Only Defect is it doesn't work when room light is switched off.
Congrats on the phone buddy 🙂

According to Samsung .. you are the first human here on IBF and we are aliens 😛

Smartstay ..they show it works even when the room lights is switched off in the ads.Unethical Advertising?

Thanks Dosto 🙂

Regarding Smart Stay : It depends on functionality of front Camera. If front Camera realizes some image in front of it which fails during light off.

So finally u r onto Android as well! Congrats! U have quite a deep wallet it seems! 😉On updating.....heres my experience: OTA didnt work in S2 to begin with. I tried it via Kies & Kies is just pathetic. In the middle of installing an update, it couldnt initialise some damn executable & did not move ahead with the update. It just stuck there. So i would suggest u only one thing in case u update - OTA/Kies, whatever u r comfortable with. But be ready with the ROM downloaded & Odin as well. The moment u find out that the phone is bricked, u can flash it using Odin.

I got to know of ur purchase thru the other thread! Then I realised u only must have started this thread.Yeah, but that still has to be paid. And EMI means ridiculous Interest rates! So that means u have deep wallets! 😀 😛

Others seems to be busy enjoying their SIII. I remember others too have got it and Sushubh has requested a review from them but they didn't turned out to post one. So, I grabbed the opportunity and shared it.

Also I will be looking forward for all kind of help and confusion regarding Android in this thread. 🙂

BTW I forgot to mention abt Camera. Its damm good and seems impressive as compared to 12 mp of my N8.

Bandra Station never looked so good in Pice before 😉

Dont also forget the thread - Android Troubleshooter. Started specifically for this purpose, when i got S2. Check out the sticky threads.