Samsung Galaxy SIII - My 1st Android Review !!

• Thread starter Thread starter IndianMascot
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 97
  • Views Views 7,187
^Gee, thanks man, I'd always thought interest free EMI meant EMI*No. of months = Cost of phone 😛

There is nothing like Interest free EMI. Its simple - they are not ur relatives to allow u money without charging u (These days even relatives arent willing!) They recover the cost in one way or the other.
The option was available for citibank credit card.
No processing fee. Already got my credit card statement. Charged exactly one third of the total amount.

Interest free EMI is a myth. EMI itself stands for "Equated Monthly Instalments". Which means the interest & the principal component is combined in way, so that u pay instalments of equal amounts every fixed period.

3 payments of 3333.33 for a product worth 10K (with or without the EMI), without ANY other additional charge means an interest free EMI. There is no myth here.

^Gee, thanks man, I'd always thought interest free EMI meant EMI*No. of months = Cost of phone 😛

It depends on the offer. Different vendors have different offers. Some have processing fees, some have interest, some have both, and some neither. There are true 0% processing , interest fee EMIs in the market. eBay is one of them.

Exactly. I am paying 3 emis of 11670, a total of 35010. Exactly the price that was mentioned. No processing fee either. Of course they are not my relatives, but they want to lure people to buy by giving them am attractive option. I was going to buy anyways but saw the option and utilized it.

Exactly. I am paying 3 emis of 11670, a total of 35010. Exactly the price that was mentioned. No processing fee either.

🙄 you .gt S3 in 35010. More than 3000 cheaper than me.

Exactly. I am paying 3 emis of 11670, a total of 35010. Exactly the price that was mentioned. No processing fee either. Of course they are not my relatives, but they want to lure people to buy by giving them am attractive option. I was going to buy anyways but saw the option and utilized it.

To add to that, it isn't like the bank doesn't earn anything out of this. eBay in this case earns by virtue of higher seller fees. The bank would of course get a cut of the amount spent, and probably a marginally bigger share due to deferred payments from the spender. At the end of the day though this benefits everyone involved, as banks earn, seller earns, and of course the buyer ends up spending for something he normally wouldn't have.

🙄 you .gt S3 in 35010. More than 3000 cheaper than me.

I noticed your price earlier on but didn't mention it since it is a new purchase. Lots of folks got it for 35 - 36, and some lucky ones for 33.x online. All genuine of course. With EMI in the case of eBay.

I got it from indiaplaza. They had listed for 38900. There was this 10% coupon that they had for a very short time working for sgs3.so the net came out to 35010. Luckily I ordered on 1st June and got it on 13th. I also had a 5k discount coupon for indiaplaza which would have brought the price down to 33900 but for that I would have had to wait for another couple of weeks.

I got it from indiaplaza. They had listed for 38900. There was this 10% coupon that they had for a very short time working for sgs3.so the net came out to 35010. Luckily I ordered on 1st June and got it on 13th. I also had a 5k discount coupon for indiaplaza which would have brought the price down to 33900 but for that I would have had to wait for another couple of weeks.

You had a 5k worth coupon but didn't use it because you didn't want to wait for couple of weeks? Damn .. yo have reeeeeally deep pockets.

One of the reason I did't looked for much discount 'coz I avoid purchasing high end products online.Undoubtedly I would have got this handset atleast 1000 bucks cheaper in " alpha " but decided to purchase it from Croma for full satisfaction and EMI. Many a times we can afford such purchases at once but had to put it in EMI to avoid limelight in office and other known places.

You had a 5k worth coupon but didn't use it because you didn't want to wait for couple of weeks? Damn .. yo have reeeeeally deep pockets.

Nah. not really. Its a long story.

More of speculation I guess. I wonder how nexus with 512 and Gnex with 1 GB are enough for JB and not GS3Besides I dont think there are any other android phones lined up that are going to have 2gb RAM. LG was planning one. Not to mention a number of high end phones including razr HD, maxx and HOX that came out this year. What do you think is going to happen to them?

3 payments of 3333.33 for a product worth 10K (with or without the EMI), without ANY other additional charge means an interest free EMI. There is no myth here.

its a trap ,by giving free emi, they are luring the customers to get a taste of their service so that after some time they would come back in the time of need and will buy something and pay interest at a later stage.

just like in british raj , they 1st gave tea free of cost by stopping the commuters , and when the ppl got addicted to it , they started charging (selling) for a price.

some ppl have habit of having tea upto 10 times a day because its addictive, same with emi, ppl get easy credit so they think they must buy the stuff and live a luxurious life now, will pay later in emi's.

also as you said because of emi's ppl buy stuff they otherwise couldn't think of buying on down payment , its a win -win situation for manufacturer also,

all of this leads to the dangerous habit of over spending without knowing easily , spending more than you can afford , its a 'myth' in that sense. makes you vulnerable incase any unknown sudden emergency situation in life.

More of speculation I guess.
I wonder how nexus with 512 and Gnex with 1 GB are enough for JB and not GS3

Besides I dont think there are any other android phones lined up that are going to have 2gb RAM. LG was planning one. Not to mention a number of high end phones including razr HD, maxx and HOX that came out this year. What do you think is going to happen to them?

you are forgetting the massive junk that samsung has loaded on their S3 platform. this was the same reason they gave on why Galaxy s did not get the ics update but nexus s did. s3 was rumored to be shipped with 2GB RAM in some international markets. not sure if it is true. but the kind of extra software that samsung seems to be running in the background on the s3 would probably mean that the system requirements are going to be higher.