Samsung Galaxy S III

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1,179
  • Views Views 80,246
HTC recently changed their policy. They would sell phones with locked bootloaders. But would provide an option to unlock them. By unlocking them you would agree to terms and conditions which basically requires you to void your warranty. technically speaking unlocking any locked phone would automatically void the warranty. not sure if indian service centers are capable of detecting this process. not sure if the process can be reversed. unlocking the bootloader is required to install custom ROMs on your phone. if you are happy with whatever version the company has loaded on the phone, it does not matter to you. but the problem arises if the company decides to not release newer android builds for the phone you have.

@ Samm.....

Yeah its really tough. But how i wish S2 comes down to even 22-23k!
currently S2 is available for around 25K online shop, brand new, with warranty!!! :O

----------

not sure if indian service centers are capable of detecting this process. not sure if the process can be reversed.
they are not capable of detecting it & you can always install the stock ROM before giving it to them!!!

well getting a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 for less than 20K won't be a bad deal!!!

Galaxy Tab, the 1st one, if available at all, is still at around 25k.... Do not think it will go much below further - It might be set at 20k JUST to clear stock... Same would happen with the 10.1 , it will stutter around 30 then 25 ... 20k would be when we have the Galaxy S5 & its equivalent Tablet launch happening 😀

@ Admin....Looking at my way of using phone, i dont think i wud bother about updating my phone with a latest build. Are these releases that important? Its not a taunt, i am seriously asking actually. I dont have any idea of what they release in updates. All i wud tell for ur reference is that till today i havent updated the firmware of Nokia phones.@ mavihs.....Thats cool! I m really getting greedy. But letsbuy still shows it around 30k. and my friend also recently got it for 28.5k! 🙁

@ Admin....

Looking at my way of using phone, i dont think i wud bother about updating my phone with a latest build. Are these releases that important? Its not a taunt, i am seriously asking actually. I dont have any idea of what they release in updates. All i wud tell for ur reference is that till today i havent updated the firmware of Nokia phones.

@ mavihs.....

Thats cool! I m really getting greedy. But letsbuy still shows it around 30k. and my friend also recently got it for 28.5k! 🙁
i read this on some other forum, that there is a new e-commerce site & 1-2 people ordered from there & have received the SII for that price!!!
will post the site name soon!

Lets see. But being a new site, i wudnt NORMALLY, want to trust it much. Fingers crossed.

How about packing in some battery life this time round? Wud be great even if its in the range of battery life of note.

As of now, if i keep GPS/Data network On, take snaps, upload them, or may be follow some scores, topped with the routine tasks of sms & few calls, it lasts 1 day. And of course i forgot to mention Tapatalk, which i use a lot.

Same goes with Note, just that I play Games for like 1-2 hours plus music for the same and it's on H+ most of the time.

But then how much does it last? It shud be lasting more than mine for sure! With the kind of fones we have these days, it wudnt b seen as crazy, if u carry 2-3 spare batteries with u!