Samsung Galaxy S III can be remotely wiped!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 34
  • Views Views 2,705
lol as the article above mentions that you can remote wipe your own device from your Find My iPhone dashboard. which means Apple has the tech to remotely wipe the phone right?
Even HTC used to offer a similar service. it was called my sense or something, once you registered, you could remote wipe the phone if you wanted. Of course, you are assuming that because they are allowing the user to do this, they can do it themselves as well. I can apply a similar argument and say that the creator of findmydroid can remote wipe my phone because his app allows me to do so.

but Apple find my phone feature is builtin in the phone right? it's not an app you download. it is part of the ios platform. that makes it much different than a third party solution. as for htc's now discontinued sense web service. i am not sure if it required the user to install an app as well.

what i was saying is that the technology exist. if apple can let the user remotely wipe a phone from a web browser, they have the technology to remotely wipe the device if they want to. i am not sure if this can be disputed at all.

yes. google can remotely install and uninstall apps on android. so it is pretty clear that they can do much more than that. AndroidLost and other apps can remotely wipe your phones. so i am pretty sure google can remotely wipe the phone as well.