Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - Product Discussion & Initial Purchase Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter dhananjayk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 23,399
I agree anuj. I am checking availability of 2.2.1 every week. Looks like Samsung is not interested in solving issues related to Galaxy.

"There is no ETA on 2.2.1 update for SGS" as per samsung twitter account
samsung has crossed the limit on poor software support..i will never buy samsung android mobile again...

okay... 2 days with airtel 3G... the GPS always locates me somewhere 2 kms away from my actual location.. both indoors and outdoors.. earlier it used to be 30-40 meter ... and i thought it is because of slow edge networks.. this Galaxy s GPS chip is out of the world faulty...

My friend bought samsung Galaxy I9003 runing froyo 2.2.1 & I was surprised to see that gps was able to locate within 30 sec & accuracy of 15mt distance where we were standing. He is on Vodafone. I am wondering whats the use of this gps locating & isn't that going to be a privacy issue in the time to come?

gps is used for apps like: navigationlocation based servicesyou can disable it. but it still would not disable the ability of the mobile service providers to locate you on the basis of the tower your mobile phone is connecting to.

Yes... In some mobiles (especially in my older Nokia one) ... The Tower/Area name used to keep flashing... And the same information would be easily available to the operators....

exactly. in any case, if you are on mobile, it is very easy to track you. if you are cynical about your privacy, there are a lot of stuff you would have to avoid.

Another thing that bugs me about Android... Companies take their own sweet time to update their OS even after months or even years of release of the latest OS 🙁 (I can still see some phones on the market with 2.1😱 )... This is the reason I always advice ppl with a 20K+ budget to buy only the current flagship phone from google... One of the reasons I chose the N1 even though there were other phones available at that time with better specs 🙂 ...

2.3 has been released for I9000 (Beta Version) ...just log on to XDA forum and get the stock or Custom ROM for your phone.