Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - Product Discussion & Initial Purchase Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter dhananjayk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 23,417
Indian updates are there ! (just with a 2-3 months lag) 😛(Nexus is always an exception @operamaniac)

finally rooted my Galaxy s .. used one click lag fix.. getting around 1900 in quadrant benchmarks and lags have gone and responsiveness has become iPhone-ish fast..... :smile:

cool. i would look for custom mod for my friends' LG O1 that has still not arrived. i guess relying on LG for firmware updates for O1 is not going to be worth it.

cool. i would look for custom mod for my friends' LG O1 that has still not arrived. i guess relying on LG for firmware updates for O1 is not going to be worth it.

don't say that .. i haven't rooted ma phone as waiting for official update .. actually am happy with what the same offer till now so not trying the rooted one ..

updated the same with 2.2.2 and now screen is pretty smooth ..

i am hoping to get the friend's unit tomorrow morning. this would be the first android device i would get to check out apart from the two nexus phones i have owned. would be interesting to use a budget segment android smartphone. i mean i have only used 1GHz devices. 😛 i hope to not get disappointed. in any case 8700 is a great price for an Android smartphone with Android 2.2.

finally rooted my Galaxy s .. used one click lag fix.. getting around 1900 in quadrant benchmarks and lags have gone and responsiveness has become iPhone-ish fast..... :smile:

anuj i want to root and lag fix too can u help me doing that??? from where u did read the stuff???

anuj i want to root and lag fix too can u help me doing that??? from where u did read the stuff???

Downloaded z4root from applanet.. rooted it.. then I downloaded one click lag fix from android market. Did it by myself... done everything on phone no need to connect to PC.. took around 25 minutes to install lag fix.

The root is also one click and so is the lag fix.. instructions within the app are sufficient.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

so till now no issues ?? and phone is REALLY batter now?? any cause of worries??? god i am nervous bout doing this........

so till now no issues ?? and phone is REALLY batter now?? any cause of worries??? god i am nervous bout doing this........

Reason to worry exists cause of no warranty .. note that lag fix takes 1 GB of internal memory..

And if you proceed then first boot after lag fix takes 4-5 minutes...

All other info is there in the apps..

Phone is better..
After rooting I deleted all the preloaded not needed apps like write and go..aldiko...etc....

Used lag fix... now email,Facebook works without lag.. they were the most laggy before.. scrolling is faster everywhere. Market also opens faster... everything is better..

Yours is also super amoled Galaxy s na?? I don't know if it work for tab or s-lcd

yeah ,super amoled sgs , i heard that customs roms will make warranty void, dont know about rooting, also i have an issue that in my mobile 3 key combination is deactivated by samsung tried many times ,do u have 3 key enabled in ur sgs by default???

yeah ,super amoled sgs , i heard that customs roms will make warranty void, dont know about rooting, also i have an issue that in my mobile 3 key combination is deactivated by samsung tried many times ,do u have 3 key enabled in ur sgs by default???

I dont know what is this 3 key combination .. it was not needed in installing one click lag fix..

doing rite now , anuj any increase in battery life or vice versa???

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

finally done that........... dar .....dar..... ke... ....... ahhahahaha

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

its a slight improvement......for me. not a whole lot , but still better. thanks @anuj.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

u are so rite, due to this stupid lag i had stopped using default mail application for my yahoo account , working fast now..........great.

doing rite now , anuj any increase in battery life or vice versa???

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

finally done that........... dar .....dar..... ke... ....... ahhahahaha

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:07 PM ----------

its a slight improvement......for me. not a whole lot , but still better. thanks @anuj.

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:08 PM ----------

u are so rite, due to this stupid lag i had stopped using default mail application for my yahoo account , working fast now..........great.

Battery life is better... cause things can be done faster... earlier the keyboard used to take 4-5 seconds to appear in messaging app... now everything is faster ..

@anuj your gps working after all this?i think mine is not locking the signals.Get sensible in this life.