Samsung Galaxy S I9000 - Product Discussion & Initial Purchase Experience

• Thread starter Thread starter dhananjayk
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 139
  • Views Views 23,415
And I am not talking about force close I am talking screen goes black for a minute or two vibrates and phone kind of restarts its operating system again not exactly a real reboot of phone.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

how many homescreens you have?
i used to use 5-6 homescreens and all were populated with all kinds of widgets for wether news facebook engadget market widget and other stuff.. they use to drain battery and i guess also eat ram. now i only use 2 homescreens only for application and other shortcuts. performance has improved..

but still i also face force close and the problem you have mentioned at random times and also when accessing android market... it always takes 3 attempts to open market application.

I've upgraded my Galaxy s to the official JPY rom using Odin. I've noticed much better performance than with the 2.2 software and have not felt the need to apply a lag-fix. Initially,I felt that the battery life was much worse, but off late,I've started sering an improvement in that too, I end up with around 50-60% charge at the end of the day with fairly heavy phone and internet usage.Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Mine does not crash a lot. Only twice it crashed while opening Asphalt game and one time while opening default browser.
It crashed many times while opening NFS shift game. Hence i am not using it. Now addicted to Asphalt 🙂

Yes i am in india.

---------- Post added at 10:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:44 AM ----------

Yes i face similar issue when opening NFS shift. Other programs work fine.

are you sure you can download music, movies, etc from Apple itunes in india? seriously?

so basically you are not using the service as per its terms and conditions and highlighting it as an advantage. duh.

Apple has rights to sell media from their partners in select countries. every country has different media content based on their deals with the content providers. by downloading that content here in india, you are literally going against that particular condition. even though you are using a US based address/card. i am not sure why itunes is not detecting your indian ip and disallowing purchases. i would assume that either you are using a proxy to access itunes store. or maybe apple does allow you to download anywhere as long as you have a US (and other supported markets) based credit card though i highly doubt this part. 🙂

You seem to be right. Apple some time redirects me to indian site which has crappy stuff. I login again and it works. I am not using any US proxy.Infact from 6 months i have not used Ipod. I dont know whether it allows now or not?

righto. i would personally believe that it should not work! look at it this way. media content is likely to be priced at a premium in europe compared to america. if europeans can access the US store just like you are here in india, they can get the same data for less money. something content providers do not like at all.

Don't have anything on my 3 home screens but have instald a total of 70 apps and games combined.but I think number of apps should not be a reason for this ?Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

folder support is good. no limitations on apps you can have on your home screen.