Samsung Galaxy Pocket

Sushubh

Administrator
The Galaxy Pocket has just been announced in London and will arrive in the UK "later this year," bearing a 2.8-inch screen with a 240 x 320 (QVGA) resolution, an 800MHz processor, 3GB of expandable storage.

Samsung announces cutesy Galaxy Pocket with 2.8-inch display, coming 'later this year' - Engadget

Sushubh

Administrator
heh. most people would be using them with external memory cards anyways. 2.8" is too small to use most android apps i believe though.

mhsabir

Xclusive
I thought we should start looking beyond Gingerbread.... I understand that 832 Mhz & all is a concern.... But we already have enough devices with that kind of specs to cater to Gingerbread...?

Sushubh

Administrator
ICS requires a pretty decent GPU I believe which ensures that budget devices would not feature ICS in the near future. This is the reason why Google Nexus One is not getting ICS officially despite having a pretty decent 1GHz processor.

mhsabir

Xclusive
Agree on that - But should they not be focusing on getting new phones in 15k range with ICS? I mean, Sony has promised ICS on its Xperia series of 2011 which includes models in 12-15k range. Samsung do not seem to be interested in getting ICS on phones which are in 20k range.... Nor bringing new phones in 15-20k range with ICS on it.

Sushubh

Administrator
heh. most of my friend circle has decided to boycott samsung devices. they are planning to switch to HTC or Sony devices in the future even if Samsung Galaxy S III turns out to be something extraordinary :)

----------

also. sony packs in much better hardware in their phones compared to samsung etc.

most sony devices for example already has support for Glanoss technology.

Sony to add Glonass support on their future and some current smartphones