• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 9,262

MediaFire

Twisted
ISP
Bsnl Evdo
had the same trouble , quoted from xda

I've recently started having a strange issue with my Galaxy Note.
The screen starts to ranomly flicker like crazy and then the device
turns off. When I restart the phone it shows that I have 1% battery...
which is not true because if left alone the phone starts to "magically"
charge on its own over the course of the next 15-30 minutes. I've read
that the flickering screen occurs when the battery is low and the screen
tries to maintain its brightness, but this isn't my case as i've had
this happen even at 80% battery charge.

phone is almost 14 months old

got a new battery , found that the old battery has bulged out

and now even without usage the battery continues to bulge

could be because of

1. over usage - played lot of games , so charged 2-3 times a day , was not my primary phone

2. charging - most of the time charged thru laptop USB very rarely used the provided charger

3. bad quality - i have seen only Nokia batteries bulge out like this

Well, even my experience with Samsung batteries have been awful.
The one that came with my N7000 gave up in just 11 months, I purchased a new one just last month.
Fortunate enough that it's not bulging out.
You should contact them as the battery could be faulty, and bulging can lead to blasts too, you never know :numbness:

Report to service center. Even I had a battery in my samsung phone bulge ..went to service center since its an manufacturing fault but that guy said that they won't exchange it and I have to buy a new one. Got a friend working for samsung so I called him up ..he spoke to the service center guy and they replaced my batter.
PS: My phone was still under warranty at that time ..Its my dad's phone actually ..5k wala dual sim samsung feature phone.

Samuel said:
Well, even my experience with Samsung batteries have been awful.
The one that came with my N7000 gave up in just 11 months, I purchased a new one just last month.
Fortunate enough that it's not bulging out.
You should contact them as the battery could be faulty, and bulging can lead to blasts too, you never know :numbness:

Dextermorgan said:
Report to service center. Even I had a battery in my samsung phone bulge ..went to service center since its an manufacturing fault but that guy said that they won't exchange it and I have to buy a new one. Got a friend working for samsung so I called him up ..he spoke to the service center guy and they replaced my batter.
PS: My phone was still under warranty at that time ..Its my dad's phone actually ..5k wala dual sim samsung feature phone.
fault was with battery , got it tested in service center and phone is 14 months old
so cant do anything but to get a new one

[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Segoe UI', Verdana, 'Open Sans', Merriweather, Ubuntu, 'Segoe UI', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:16px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]"and now even without usage the battery continues to bulge "............CARE TO EXPLAIN MEANING??[/color]

Batteries are self dependent right? They can explore because of chemical explosions!

Get an extended battery. (Not the external). It's obvious any lithium ion battery will stay upto 500-1000 recharging cycles only. If you overdo it. It will show it's face. Quality doesn't matter here ...
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note/mugen-power-4500mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-note-with-battery-door.html
Worth spending, If you use the phone like a lappy. I have mugen 3200 mah for my htc. It delivers.
My another phone samsung ace is around 15 months old. But the 1500 mah stock battery backup is exceptional. I have rooted and flashed the battery extender kernal though.

Device : Galaxy ace
ROM : stock GB (rooted) & stock battery.
Most of stock apps are removed. Still it does have lots of imp apps installed. Phone is extensively used for everything except gaming. Because i don't like playing games on a mobile ...
With edge (recent screenshot took before 2 days)

Without internet (took screenshot today)

I did test with 3G. It stayed up for 2 days. Since 3G becames expensive. I reverted to 2G. So don't blame the samsung battery straight away. They do provide quality batteries. There might be some faulty exceptional cases. But you can't generalise ...

Toocool said:
[color=rgb(51,51,51);font-family:'Source Sans Pro', 'Segoe UI', Verdana, 'Open Sans', Merriweather, Ubuntu, 'Segoe UI', Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:16px;background-color:rgb(250,250,250);]"and now even without usage the battery continues to bulge "............CARE TO EXPLAIN MEANING??[/color]

Toocool said:
how can that happen??? 😱ffended:
i have got the new battery 15 days back , after replacing it . i have noticed that the old battery has become even more fat like a balloon
DNA_Uncut said:
Get an extended battery. (Not the external). It's obvious any lithium ion battery will stay upto 500-1000 recharging cycles only. If you overdo it. It will show it's face. Quality doesn't matter here ...
http://www.mugen-power-batteries.com/samsung/samsung-galaxy-note/mugen-power-4500mah-extended-battery-for-samsung-galaxy-note-with-battery-door.html
Worth spending, If you use the phone like a lappy. I have mugen 3200 mah for my htc. It delivers.
My another phone samsung ace is around 15 months old. But the 1500 mah stock battery backup is exceptional. I have rooted and flashed the battery extender kernal though.

Device : Galaxy ace
ROM : stock GB (rooted) & stock battery.
Most of stock apps are removed. Still it does have lots of imp apps installed. Phone is extensively used for everything except gaming. Because i don't like playing games on a mobile ...
With edge (recent screenshot took before 2 days)

Without internet (took screenshot today)

I did test with 3G. It stayed up for 2 days. Since 3G becames expensive. I reverted to 2G. So don't blame the samsung battery straight away. They do provide quality batteries. There might be some faulty exceptional cases. But you can't generalise ...
extended battery was on my list , but already note is little too big for a mobile and with extended battery it will become like a tablet then
i didnt do any flashing of battery kernel or something simply because i dont know 😀
i didnt blame sammy battery straight away , could be because of my usage or could be a bad battery too

proper way would be to leave at a samsung service center so that they can dispose it the right way.
too bad they would just tell you to drop it in the dustbin.

cant do better than them , we dont have safe bins for disposing batteries and stuff like that
still having the battery with me , to see if it becomes more stout 😀

At least Nokia Service Centers have a drop box for old phone parts for proper disposal and recycling. But even that is not a suitable place for an exploding battery 😀