Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 715
  • Views Views 66,768
DO NOT RESET GOOGLE FRAMEWORK SERVICES!!! :tongue:

My phone restarts at random once or twice every day with the an older (pre-rooted) stock buggy firmware. I would like to upgrade to the latest one.
If only there was a pre-rooted Knox-free firmware version....

The latest update was supposedly for stability fixes. But after the update several aaps have started crashing randomly. 🙁

Samsung has just started to rollout the Android 4.4 KitKat update for the international model.
The firmware update brings the latest Android KitKat 4.4.2 version, which will make your system even faster and snappier, it will also bring fullscreen album art and camera shortcut on the lockscreen, transparent status bar, wireless printing capabilities among others.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_begins_seeding_android_44_kitkat_update_for_galaxy_note_ii-news-8374.php

Yup.. The KitKat update has started rolling out beginning with France. Hopefully we will get by the end of the month.
More important than the KitKat features, I'm hoping the firmware update fixes the bugs and overall lag that came with the 4.3 update.

4.3 has been laggy for me. I don't enjoy my device as much as I used to when it was on 4.1.2

I'm hoping 4.2.2 will fix that.

Yup. KitKat level performance improvements is unlikely to be achievable through resetting on JB devices.

4.1.2 was buttery smooth on the device.. The lag started after the update to 4.3.
The Note II is still a powerful device and doesn't fall short in any department. I love using it so much that every time I think of buying a new device I have second thoughts. I'm a power user and any other device doesn't even come close to the stamina of the Note series. I practically manage my whole workday on my Note II. The only thing that sucks on this device is Touchwiz.
I've thought so much about upgrading to the Note 3 but Touchwiz is what has stopped me from taking the plunge.