Samsung Galaxy Note 2

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 715
  • Views Views 66,823
^ Kies download full firmware first and install it while OTA updates are small in size and only update file download. Must be he is talking about firmware not SA.

@GarfieldDC - I just did it yesterday. It never reset my phone. It was plain and simple download firmware via kies and then optimizes all my apps automatically. I never lost any of my apps. Phone also seems to wake up fast now after pressing power - JUST REALIZED THIS NOW.
Hmmm.. Maybe things have changed with Kies 3. On Kies 2 it always reset my phone after a firmware update.I'll try again later tonight and download OTA over 3G if that doesn't work then I'll try via Kies when I get home after work.Do you see any improvement in battery life after the update? The updatefrom 4.1.2 to 4.3 made battery life really terrible.

Just came to know about this 14.88 MB update...updating over office's WiFi...
Let see what improvements this system update brings...
sachin_ said:
Just came to know about this 14.88 MB update...updating over office's WiFi...
Let see what improvements this system update brings...
After the update installation..it has optimized around 125 installed applications... rest all things looks same...on the particular location i used to get 50% wifi signals now it is showing 100% signals after the updates not sure if this is due to the update...regarding battery, can comment only after using the device for few days...

From what I understand Google screwed the owners of Galaxy Nexus with a shitty 4.3 update.
Plus, companies end up releasing a buggy build all the freaking time.

sachin_ said:
This update is eating battery like anything...
I don't see any significant change in battery life after the current update. But the phone seems a bit laggy. The phone was very fast and UI transitions were smooth on 4.1.2 and the 4.3 update changed that.