Samsung Galaxy Chat

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 1,204
I am reading it comes with a dedicated key to their ChatOn Messenger. Seems they have copied the way BBM key was launched by Blackberry for its basic Curve models.

yeap. funny because chaton has not really caught on. but then i have no idea about the real world. my circle is all about bbm and whatsapp. though i am pushing some of the android users to use g+ messenger 😀

Even I felt its not really caught on, a BBM key was ok, even Facebook key on a couple of devices sounded ok-ish (despite my personal thoughts of it being overdoing things) . But then, maybe they still hope to make it a success.

well samsung failed when they announced the service but did not launch it for all the platforms. you do not take on market leading apps like whatsapp with a partial launch. and the launch on android itself was a mega disaster. people did not get their confirmation sms for days. i have no desire to install either whatsapp or chaton. if you want to communicate with me through a messaging app, g+ messenger has to be it 😀 otherwise use the old fashioned google talk!

At least it is a sub 10k device with ICS. I'd say that's good enough.

There are not many devices in this QWERTY segment itself (Atleast not in big brands). And hence may suit a few people.