Samsung Galaxy A8 - Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018)

• Thread starter Thread starter SVK
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 951

SVK

twitter.com/svknet
ISP
Jio Fiber, Airtel 5G
Check Samsung Galaxy A8 Deals on: Flipkart | Amazon | Paytm

Samsung Galaxy A8 (2018) and A8+ (2018) go official with dual selfie cams, Infinity Display
Meet the Galaxy A8 (2018) and Galaxy A8+ (2018) – Samsung’s new naming scheme hides it, but these are the successors to the Galaxy A5 (2017) and A7 (2017).
On the front is Samsung’s first dual selfie camera – a 16MP + 8MP combo. The Live Focus feature lets you chose whether the background is in focus or blurred to a soft bokeh. The phone will seamlessly switch between the two front cameras to get the effect you need.
The main camera has been upgraded with a brighter f/1.7 aperture for the 16MP sensor. Digital stabilization was added for steadier videos while the Hyperlapse mode will help condense things to just the gist.
Galaxy A8 (2018) and A8+ (2018) adopt the Infinity Display design of the S-series. This includes the 18.5:9 aspect ratio and curved glass, but not the resolution – the panels are 1080p+. That is still enough to make these the first A-series phones to support Gear VR
This could be my next Smartphone 😀

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazon.in: Samsung A8+

Br2F24B.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
How much should I expect for my Galaxy A8+ model if I sell it.
When I bought S20+ through Flipkart (Samsung Galaxy S20+ from Flipkart Smart Upgrade Plan | I bought a...), exchange value was only Rs. 3400. I am hoping to get 8-10K in local market.
Last time as well when I bought A8+ and wanted to exchange Moto Z Play, exchange value was very less on Amazon. I got 3-4K more when I sold in local shop.
My phone is in very good condition with no scratches. Battery lasts for 1 day with normal usage. It has Dual 4G with Dual VoLTE and also supports VoWiFi. Camera is also decent quality and I have taken many good photos with it.
Only issue is it has Android 9, and won't be upgraded further. Security updates are also irregular.

That is still less than my expectation.
Phone originally costed 40K+, I got it for 28K with some offers at that time.