• Thread starter Thread starter Nishant
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 6,588

Nishant

Staff member
ISP
Jetway FTTH, BSNL FTTH
Finally, Samsung has officially released Android 2.2 a.k.a. Froyo for Galaxy 3 in India. Users can update it using the latest version of Kies.But, some users are reporting that Swype is not working after upgrading to Froyo. If anyone has updated their Galaxy 3s to Froyo, please share your experiences here.

Hi, I tried updating the firmware using KIES but the kies keeps on crashing and the phone is not updated. I did a factory reset to the phone but still same problem is present. I am using Vista and I tried installing Kies on XP it did not get install, any idea what should I do?

Hi, I tried updating the firmware using KIES but the kies keeps on crashing and the phone is not updated. I did a factory reset to the phone but still same problem is present. I am using Vista and I tried installing Kies on XP it did not get install, any idea what should I do?

Hope you're using the latest version of Kies. If not, uninstall the old version and install the new version and try again.

hi, I have tried these things. Now "prepare for firmware upgrade" "upgrade for GT-I5801 firmware upgrade will proceed. Please do not disconnect the cable connected to PC" is hanging for last two hours. what should I do?

i have updated my g3 to android 2.2, update was smooth , but swype is not working.but rest of is good.

i have updated my g3 to android 2.2, update was smooth , but swype is not working.but rest of is good.

Fixed Swype by a bit risky workaround. U need to root your phone. After rooting, u can use Android Terminal Emulator to delete swype.apk from /system/app. Following are the commands:

su
rm - r /system/app/Swype.*
reboot
Then, register for Swype beta at http://swypeinc.com/

They will send u the link to download the apk. You need to use wifi as the file size is around 10Mb. This trick worked like a charm for me.

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

hi, I have tried these things. Now "prepare for firmware upgrade" "upgrade for GT-I5801 firmware upgrade will proceed. Please do not disconnect the cable connected to PC" is hanging for last two hours. what should I do?

You may disconnect the cable and KIES will prompt for Emergency Firmware Recovery. Follow the steps mentioned and the new firmware will be restored to your handset.

Here is a work around. Set the Phone USB & UART to PDA. This is done by typing *#*#7284#*#*. Then try to upgrade firmware through KIES.

---------- Post added at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

I too have the same problem with SWYPE. I find that the Language setting is greyed out. Has any one got the solution for this, but without rooting or changing the software

hi, I do also have tried these things. Now "prepare for firmware upgrade" "upgrade for GT-I5801 firmware upgrade will proceed. Please do not disconnect the cable connected to PC" is hanging. what should I do? if any one have solution then plz... tell me.