• Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1,495

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
You may call whatever you want, but when MS Office debuted on iOS and Android, it was perhaps fastest to get million downloads in their respective App Stores.
Now MS seems to have got business point with this, so they may have made some deal with these OEM. And if people want it, what is wrong in OEM providing it?

if people want it, they can download and install it on their devices. it's not like the software is not free and operators are doing their customers a favor by including paid software for free. android already comes with office productivity and cloud storage tools. by bundling products that offer same functionality from another company, you are just adding to the bloat on the devices.

OEMs will always add bloatware, that unfortunate fact we all must accept.
Even my Android One came with some apps which I had to disable, and my Lumia had many apps like BoxTV, Snapdeal preinstalled. Only good thing with Windows Phone was that app could be uninstalled, while on Android One I couldnt uninstall.
But as per this news, Samsung allows to uninstall many bloat apps including their own-
The Galaxy S6 lets you remove most apps (including Samsung's)

My Turbo has just a few Moto apps. Not a single app for which they appeared to be paid for. Samsung does not set the standard for being a pro-consumer manufacturer when it comes to smartphones. The biggest problem with Microsoft apps is that they still push you to use their own proprietary formats. And the sooner we get rid of proprietary formats, the better it would be for everyone. We need to move away from a world where you need to use Microsoft Office to open their files (properly).

Yes... If they offer a particular time period of Office360 Premium service with their phones, then its tolerable...

Adding already a free app to system partition is a stupid thing, except that M$ paid Samsung and Dell heavily for the same.. Further when an update comes, it will again take some space in data partition too...

@SVK In S6, bloat can be disabled only and can NOT be removed..

yup. the phones are not subsidized. users are not getting anything additional for free. these deals only benefit the manufacturers who are already charging you a premium price for their hardware. on a computer it is generally not a big deal because there is enough storage space plus flexibility to get rid of it at will. on a phone with limited processing capability and storage space, it is stupidity especially when you have no idea what percentage of users would actually use these apps.

Actually that was initial m$ plan. But cm rejected, else their strategy of open Android will become a joke. That's the reason m$ has avoided funding cm at last moment.

Infact m$ helping cm is like wolf crying that goat is wet.

Now these bigger brands will have the loads installed, and poor thing is that most the RAM installed will be consumed already, makign the pretty looking device actually behave like a JUNK.

so if you are android user and have good common sense, It would be very wise of you to ROOT the device, remove the damn App
you are not using and fine tune the memory allocation and enjoy the best phone.
I don't even keep apps which I don't actually use, and even if I have any, they are Greenified.

I don't know why people are so scared of ROOTING the device.
you use windows PC as admin (not talking about office PC guys)
You use linux as administration and you are so scared of Rooting your phone, then you should be using another OS and not Android.