Laser PM 1.0 Sensor
SmartThings & Home Care Wizard
Anti-bacterial (Zinc Oxide) Dust Collecting Filter
Instant purity check with 4-colour Indicator with Sensor
Ideal for rooms up to 645 sq. ft.
Clean Air Delivery Rate up to 467 m³/hr
Compact Design
MHtVAyp.webp

AX46 features a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 467 cubic meters per hour. Armed with a multi-layered 3D purification system, precise monitoring, SmartThings App, and a coverage area of up to 645 square feet, Samsung AX46 works great for larger spaces. It has laser PM 1.0 sensor which senses the air quality in real time and it also features a washable Pre-Filter that is designed to extract larger dust particles, an Activated Carbon Deodorization Filter that helps removes harmful gases and a PM (particulate matter) 2.5 Filter that captures up to 99.97% of ultrafine dust, viruses, and bacteria.

The intelligent display monitors real time indoor air quality and shows the air purity with its 4-colour level indicator and the particulate matter (PM) 10 dust and gas sensors. Additionally, with aesthetically hidden wheels, it can be simply pushed or pulled to any location that needs more intensive purifying like the living room during the daytime or the bedroom at night thus providing refreshingly clean air 24X7. It has a front-sided air inlet, which means it is not necessary to move or pull it away from the wall, for cleaning or changing the filter. It could be easily done by just opening the front door.

Equipped SmartThings feature that enables connectivity to the smartphones, Samsung AX46 allows control anytime and anywhere. A consumer can check and control the operations of the Air Purifier through their smartphones.

they are not listed on their website at the moment so seems unlikely. there are a few carbon filters listed for some of the older models they probably had at one point of time. no hepa so that's nice.

so you might need to end up relying on their customer support to get the replacement filters.

Yeah that's the big issue with Samsung/LG/Sharp. Filter cost tends to be exhorbitant. I am surprised there aren't third parties making filters for these purifiers (at least those that don't use QR codes). It's not rocket science to make a HEPA filter.

yeah. smart air is in a very good position to start making their own brand of (better quality than stock!) filters for other companies. but i guess the market is very small and most people tend to not even replace their filters that regularly. once these become more common around the country, maybe the trend would catch on. i mean there are some third party filters for mi devices i see on Amazon but mi took care of it with their newer models.

i guess the main problem is high import duty. i do not think there is anyone making hepa filters locally. I thought about trying to make a Corsi-Rosenthal Box for the living area. but merv 13 filters are very hard to find/expensive on indian stores.

Last edited: