Samsung AX32 (AX32BG3100GG) Air Purifier with Multi-Layered High Efficiency Purification System

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 6,461

Sushubh

Admin
Staff member
ISP
Excitel
Airtel
Removes ultrafine dust and bacteria
Control anytime, anywhere with SmartThings
Anti-bacterial (Zinc Oxide) Dust Collecting Filter
Instant purity check with 4-colour Indicator with Sensor
Ideal for rooms up to 356 sq. ft.
Clean Air Delivery Rate up to 320 m³/hr
Compact Design
bPbEzoP.webp

Source

Seems to be using a proprietary filtering system instead of HEPA.

With a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of 320 cubic meters per hour and a coverage area of 356 square feet, the AX32 keeps your room air outstandingly pure using a multi-layered high efficiency purification system. It is ideal for compact spaces such as study, guest bedroom, office cabins etc. It features a washable Pre-Filter that is designed to extract larger dust particles, an Activated Carbon Deodorization Filter that helps remove harmful gases and an Anti-Bacterial (Zinc Oxide) Dust Collecting Filter that captures up to 99.97% of ultra-fine dust and bacteria.

Its minimalist design takes up minimal space, so one can place it virtually anywhere. Weighing just 6.9 kilograms, the Samsung AX32 is compact and portable.

@Samuel - I think the "dust collecting filter" is just a fancy name for their HEPA filter. Unless they came up with a totally new technology which is unlikely.

heh yeah. hepa is what it is. most people probably do not understand hepa so samsung is probably just using the layman's language. makes sense.

• Multi-Layered HEPA filtration System capturing 99.97% of 0.3㎛ ultra-fine dust and certain harmful gases*

They don't even have replacement filters listed anywhere. I couldn't find them 🤷

i have decent experience with samsung service center. i had an imported chromebook with a borked display. service center guy just took down the part number and ordered a replacement instead of just telling me that the product is not supported in india coz import unit. i mean in the end parts are shared across the ecosystem so as long as i am paying, it shouldn't have mattered. i am guessing same should logically work for filters as they would have a product id. but yeah, makes sense to stick to brands who are invested in the air purifiers ecosystem like mi or Philips. purifiers are not products that would stop working after 3-4 years. they are basically just fans which would last for much longer. purifiers are also not products that needs upgraded new models every year. which is what samsung seems to be doing.

mi has not launched a new model in a long time. though things might get messy for all the mi purifier owners if they are forced to scale down operations in india in coming months. might be a good idea to stock up on filters while they are available for a few years.

Wouldn't you be pissed if RFID triggers a 0% life remaining warning that you kept the filters for too long.

one filter would easily last through a bad winter season. even if you stock 2 filters per unit, it would be fine. these are 10K rupee products (7.7K if you exclude the included filter). it's still totally worth it if you get 3-4 years of life out of them. i mean i am sure a lot of people are going to be pissed if mi gets out of purifier business and stop offering filters. i am going to be fine switching to another brand personally. this is not a novelty product that you buy for lulz. every day it runs, it provides good value.

I mean, I am quite pissed that I have no option but to buy the carbon filter even for 2C.

carbon filter would do what it does even on 2c lol. but yeah, mi should restock the two filters missing for a while now. i guess i really should be prepared for mi to just remove everything purifier related as a worst case scenario lol.