• Thread starter Thread starter pmadhan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 4,415

pmadhan

Regular
ISP
BSNL FTTH and Airtel Xtreme
It was announced in early October that all Samsung 5G devices that are not yet compatible with Airtel 5G, will have the 5G firmware update released by Mid-November. I'm on a S20 FE 5G and still awaiting that update. Does anyone have any better news on this? Sammobile does not either.

Or do we have to wait for the Android 13/OneUI 5 update to get the updated 5G support?

On my S21, 5G support arrived alongwith One UI 5.0/A13 update.

That's interesting - because I received even the November update and even that did not change the situation. The Samsung members app forum posts are full of the same question - but official response from Samsung Support via WhatsApp chat shows it will arrive by mid-December. Though one post did say, it's available and can be tried out, but with no instructions on how to get the update. Guess will wait for another 10 days. If I get any further updates sooner, will keep this thread updated.

So, received the update early this morning (9th Dec). But still no 5G network. Some in Samsung Members community said that Airtel 5G has been deployed in Indiranagar, Bangalore - but apparently not. The next wait starts ...

@Sayantan , Yes, been getting 5G since early Jan outdoors. Not yet inside the home. But on the terrace and on the main junctions where I got to drop the kids getting it. Speed varied from 100 mbps upto 800 mbps at one point.

Someone suggested nperf to check coverage map and it also has an active mode where it can crowdsource the network details and been using that. Hopefully it helps improve the coverage map and helps others too.