• Views Views 2,090
Status
Not open for further replies.

amish

Star gazer
I got banned!
ISP
MTNL Mumbai BB_600 @12mbps
2days back tata indicom sales guy (SG) knocked my door. here is rough summary.conversation was partly in hindi and partly english but i wud try to translate to english where necessary.SG: sir we have new 50% off scheme for residence users, no installation, no deposit, no modem charges, FREE 8PM to 8AM (NFU), daytime 40p ONLY/MB for just 199Rs/month, you just need to give identity,residence proof and sign on this form. no advance payment!At first i liked it but i knowing tata BB, i asked questions:ME: what is the catch here? what r hidden charges?SG: no catch, no hidden charges sir, u just pay 199Rs/monME: i see another plan in pamphlet, 199Rs 512k NFU and 0.4p/MB, why shud i go for 256k plan?SG: usme * mark kiya hain, to extra charge hogaME: what extra charge?SG: wo hota hain sir, aapke liye 256 best hain (probably he didnt know abt plan or didnt want to sell that to me)(in one minute he came to know what is best plan for me!)ME: i had tata bb 6-7 months back, no1 came for weeks after complaints.SG: sir we have changed our system now its not so.ME: i just spoke to my neighbour yesterday and he has tata BB, he said, its still giving him huge problemsSG: sir aisa kuch nahi, no1 has complained!!ME: do u want to come with me, we will ask him right now!(he avoided answering that.)ME: so i have to pay 199 nothing extra, NOT EVEN TAXSG: yes sir, no tax, its includedME: i wud get 256k speed it wont go downSG: no sir, do u want to speak to my sales head?(then he dials sales head (SH) and asks him to talk to me, after hi,hello)ME: ur plan says 199Rs, do i have to pay taxSH: sir normal tax will be charged, aap to jaante hoge, tax to har cheez main hota hain (tax applies in all cases)ME: normal means how much for 199rs planSH: sir jyada nahi 10rs jitna hogaME: 10Rs? but service tax is 12% so it shud be 24RsSH: (err.. aahmm) yes sir abt 20Rs jitna hoga (he is still hiding)ME: u r hiding facts, no where on ur pamphlet u have written tax extra, and sales guy also told me no tax and now u r telling me 10Rs and 20Rs extra wheareas u shud say 24Rs tax.(trying to change topic)SH: sir, our service is best, our plans are best in whole IndiaME: MTNL gives me 2mbps, 400MB free for 199RsSH: ho hi nahi sakta sir (its not possible), we give best priceME: i am using it from 1 yr, u need to check that(again trying to change topic)SH: sir till last week i was in Reliance, and i just joined tataBB, i saw that tata BB's service is best and reliance ka service itna ghatiya tha!!(so in one week he came to know all abt TataBB)ME: i am talking abt MTNL not relianceSH: sir just try it once, u dont have to pay anything immediately, its postpaid plan, just give it a try. just give ur sign on the form!ME: ok!(mobile back to SG, sales guy)(while he is talking to SH)ME: i am not taking now i want to read terms and conditions on ur form (it appeared to be two page terms and conditions)SG to SH: sir he is not taking right now, wants me to give form(then SH must have told him something, which i dont know)(phonecall over)SG takes out some form and some other pamphlet (different from what he showed me earlier) and gives them to me and asks me when he can come back. so i said come after 2 days.(he leaves)now i went thru plans and what i see!!its written 256k, 1:8 which means, real speed i will get is just 32kbps=4KB/s only!!so pamphlet for marketing is different from pamphlet showing real plans!!(ie. the 1 which wont put them in legal hurdles for hiding facts)and what more, the form he gave me was of telephone line and its not the form for broadband connection!! may be they wanted to hide some terms and conditions!so ppl, this is reality, they wont tell u the catches, they want u to drop the catches!make sure u know the truth b4 u buy anything and dont ever sign the form b4 really getting the service and reading everything written on form that u sign!

the guy who came in our society also said the same thing tht he was in reliance and reliance service is very bad but when i asked him abt tax and connection he answered everythng correctly

when the tata guy came to my house to collect the modem back after the line was disconnected (6 months back). He came over n said that there was a satellite problem which was rectified. I replied.. wow.. i din know tata sent astronauts to repair a satellite..to which.. he was speechless.. then.. said.. no.. we... ah.. got some ppl from abroad who did something n got it fixed..i was like.. sure.. what abt the use of fiber optics for broadband then? have u forsaken the use of under sea cables and now use satellites.. he din say a word after that..:evil:

haha yeah i remember u saying that few months backhere it is!! 😛[post]73102[/post]google is amazing!!

ME: i see another plan in pamphlet, 199Rs 512k NFU and 0.4p/MB, why shud i go for 256k plan?

@amish is it true ? can you tell us more about this plan, or wonderfull if you can enquire more about that asterisk mark.:thumbsup:

no idea, he came today again, i said i am not interested.i said, u didnt tell me its 256k and 1:8, so i will get hardly 30-40kbpsso he said, i had given pamphlet for that only (so if i had not noticed it wud be my fault, its not his duty to tell me its 1:8)and then he adds u wont get 30-40kbps whole day (indirectly its true that i can get 32kbps ONLY)then i said, form u gave is of telephone connection not bb connection, there is no mention of plan or anything either. he says, yes u have to fill that only!! (wow!)anyway i didnt ask furher, i said no i am not interested, MTNL is working fine!btw dont get excited!! 512k at 1:8 means u wud get 64kbps NU only!

haha thanks for sharing the story amish...these sales reps seem to be totally clueless, and they are experts in giving the run around. when someone who knows other plans etc like u, all they can do is beat around the bush. good job u sent him packing!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.