safe custody charges?

pandusultan

Hi guys, I am thinking of switchin from Sify Narrowband to Mtnl 590 Nu plan. Just had a few questions - 1) What is the safe custody charge of Rs 100 for? Is it to be paid every month? Leaving aside the deposits the monthly charges ( if I dont go over the 500MB limit) should be Rs. 590+80+taxes right??? 2) How much would the Dlink 502 model cost in bombay? Any particular dealers on Lamington Rd? Also are there any other DSL-modem routerr, other than the Dlink one that are compatible with MTNL and in the Rs 2000 - Rs3000 range?3) How many days did the MTNL guys take to actually set the connection up since you first applied for it? Thanks, and sorry if the questions are repeated!

dearashwin

Regular
Regulars
u can contact mr gulbir/sanjay prime tech... 26550900 n ask them for the cost..... these guys seem to have sum knowledge abt networking.... i took my wireless router frm them... but if u find it too high try visiting the place n ul get a good deal.. but this will give u a fair idea of what ur in for...

cyberwiz

Regulars
Mr pandu sultan here are the answers :1)Already been answered search the forum with the key words "safe custody charge"2)Answered in above post3) If u apply online...eternity ; calling up 1500...8-10 days ; going and physically submitting the form at exchange...2-3 days.

pandusultan

dearashwin, the guys at Prime quoted 2500 for an SMC modem (dont know the model no.) and 2900 for the 502T Dlink one. Does that seem reasonable?Cyberwiz, thanks for the info, Will go to the mtnl office tomorrow for the forms!!