Sad ping.

Siddhesh222

Regular
ISP
MTNL 256KBPS,DSL 399
So I'm an online gamer and suddenly my pings have increased a lot like on pingtest.net earlier I used to get around 38ms and now I suddenly get around 68 - 71ms omg what is this.it's seriously ruining my gaming experience and there is noticeable delay.And no Its been going on since a month now,I did consider the fact that it could be temporary,but now its been a while.I also tried some random TCP/IP software my buddy told me about and it seems that it ruined it more over (used to get around 67ms or something now 71ms >_>)How do I fix this? God it's so annoying I stay in Mumbai and get 71ms there and all rest get around 25ms or something so sad 🙁.my ping nearly doubled.

There's nothing you can do about it... it has something to do with mtnl .... probably they are routing you through some sad vsnl server which can't handle more than 2mbps... 🙁

Earlier from the month of April till now was getting ping rates ranging from 80-148ms but from today I'm getting ping rates of 43ms.Great. I'm from Vashi, New Bombay exchange.

LOL you know what I uninstalled that cursed program and my ping improved!!!! it's 54 ms to Mumbai now 😀.

Dude seriously,you have godly ping,What is your MTU and other stuff?. my default was 1492 iirc but that program made it 1500 thats why my ping was so high I guess.

I so wanna emulate your settings dude xD.

EDIT: I've googled a bit and heard this TCP/IP optimizer software helps a bit? any views?

EDIT 2 : Sup with your upload speed,it's too high :O.you hacked MTNL or something? xD

---------- Post added at 05:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

MY CONNECTION IS ON CRACK

KK ABHI NASHA UTAR RAHA HAIN 🙁

Man I love Commonwealth Games xD.

Dude sidesh...it's all in the routing... the routing through my exchange is really neat..... i guess they have good staff which maintains the servers well ... yea my upload speed is on crack...it has been like this since the starting... also ... WTF are you on a 4mbit plan ? i mean look at your download man i would kill for that xD

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

TCP optimizer wont make a big difference to your ping but surely it will make a difference to the max attainable download speed

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

like on my 1mbit connection i can push to a max dload speed of about 120KB/s and upload of 100KB/s

---------- Post added at 11:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

Like to bombay my latency is 44ms

---------- Post added at 11:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

Laugh your head off..

https://www.speedtest.net