• Thread starter Thread starter mtbhat
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 15,394

mtbhat

Regulars
ISP
bsnl
MUMBAI: IDEA Cellular, a leading telecom operator of the Aditya Birla Group, has received an overwhelming response with over two million calls and messages from the time it launched its innovative campaign based on the theme of “connecting fans with their cricket superheroes” following a tie up with Mumbai Indians in the second season of the Indian Premier League.Ever since IDEA Cellular launched its communication campaign last week, the leading telecom operator received two million calls and messages with the master blaster Mumbai Indians Skipper Sachin Tendulkar topping the list with nearly 50 per cent of the calls, followed by spinner Harbhajan Singh and pace bowler Zaheer Khan.Of the record calls and messages received by IDEA Cellular till April 30, Sachin received a record 9.5 lakh calls and messages on his ten digit Idea Cellular number of Mumbai followed by Bhajji at 7.05 lakh calls and Zaheer 1.3 calls. Similar calls and messages were also received on the ten digit numbers of other Mumbai Indian players including Sri Lankan Sanath Jayasuriya, West Indian Dwayne Bravo and hard hitting Mumbai batsman Abhishek Nayar.Mr Pradeep Srivastava, Chief Marketing Officer, IDEA Cellular, said “we are really surprised by the unprecedented calls that had started coming in ever since we launched the campaign on April 30. We are indeed overwhelmed by the response the fans have shown and IDEA Cellular will make the call and SMS details available to the players.Later during the tournament, IDEA Cellular, which has a pan India presence, will organize the cricket stars to return the calls of some of their fans. The campaign has been a huge hit amongst the youth community online as well, Mr Srivastava said.The response to the campaign has been a huge hit with other telecom subscribers as well with over 75 per cent of the calls received from non Idea subscribers from all over the network. Circle-wise calls from Maharashtra topped the list with 4.5 lakh followed by Mumbai 2 lakh calls, and Delhi 1.10 lakh calls. Other circles including Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and Rajasthan equally recorded a substantial number of incoming calls. recIDEA Cellular announced its partnership with Mumbai Indians as the team’s Founding Partner, in the second season of the T-20 tournament. Just a few days later, the telecom brand launched an innovative campaign based on the theme of ‘Connecting Fans with their Cricket superheroes’. IDEA advertised the mobile numbers of Mumbai Indians skipper Sachin Tendulkar, pace bowler Zaheer Khan, spinner Harbhajan Singh, and batsman Sanath Jayasuriya, and enabled people to call and SMS their favourite stars.

Later during the tournament, IDEA Cellular, which has a pan India presence, will organize the cricket stars to return the calls of some of their fans.

Now, how many did tendulkar himself picked up? i guess NONE yet.

so isnt this clear cheating? ad shows something and it doesnt happen really.

----------

what happened to that similar court case, i dont remember exactly but it was related to some kind of unfair contest

heh. 950,000 calls. any analytic software would fail to analyze all of them and come out with the best callers.

----------

this just proves that we have no shortage of idiots in the country. how much they paid for these calls that are well going to nowhere.

and we thought we had network congestion.i remember Surabhi (on DD) days when it used to get so many 50p postcards that government had to put a law that 50p postcards shud not be used for contests etc.And then show itself used to ask viewers to send blue colored postcards (which i think costed 5Rs or so) otherwise it will not be accepted.Sameway to avoid congestion, govt shud ask for special numbers, calling which costs a bit more. And hence these cricket crazy ppl wud come to some sense.

i think these numbers are already charged higher just like most phone in services...have you seen the contests where you call in and try to make the lowest bid to buy expensive items like bikes and mobile phones? all of these contests are powered by the high charges of sms and calls. KBC had a similar funda.

i know KBC had that funda, but those idea numbers seem to be normal numbers. plus i didnt see any mention of extra charge on TV screen.

IDEA MUMBAI INDIANS - Terms & Conditions
* Idea Cellular Ltd does not give any commitment that the Cricketers will attend the calls
* Idea Cellular Ltd does not make any commitment that the Cricketers will call back
* Incoming calls will be diverted to a voice mail box of the players and these will have pre-recorded messages. The prerecorded message may or may not be in Cricketer’s original voice

In short, we are fooling you!! And they dont even guarantee voice mail voice to be original. Nonsense.

This is a good way to find out the number of douchebags this country has😛😛😛
9,50,000(thats less man...cmmon we need more of them)LOL...

friends this is the way of making money from fools,sms[minimum 3rs/],calling[over 6/-rs /pulse]:huh::huh: