• Thread starter Thread starter Crazysah
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21
  • Views Views 7,812

Crazysah

Arsenal FTW!
ISP
ACT Fibernet 300Mbps
Has anyone here seen Vishal Bhardwaj's and Priyanka Chopra's latest film, "Satt Khoon Maaf?"I saw it and it is really great but I had one question about the ending...Is Vivaan Shah the seventh husband or is it Jesus? As she turns into a nun...Crazysah

saw it last night. blah. wife forced me to watch it actually. VB makes good films. No problems there. But i cannot stand PC. and well that was a major problem. anyways. from what i see, she became a nun in the end marrying god. this is assuming that the seventh murder (or death) was of usha uthap. my wife would not accept this reasoning because she did not KILL uthap. who cares.

anyways, it was great to see ruskin bond in the movie. he is the writer of the story after all. 🙂

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

Vivaan Shah could not be the seventh husband as he was already married and well in the end, he leaves with his wife alive. Not sure about the reference to the broken glasses that he was wearing.

And also she never married Usha Uthap. Doesn't she marry all seven husbands?Also, Vivaan Shah was just lie-ing in the end when he told Konkona Sen that Priyanka is dead?

did she marry the russian guy? i do not really remember. and the movie did not say that she kills seven husbands. and well he also lied to her in the beginning when he does the DNA report. at the end, he was likely referring to her becoming a nun and hence no longer the old self.

watch the ending and hear the dialogues carefully.PC says to the guy - Arun. u cannot kill him. he is already DEAD and this time i am going to drink his blood.then she becomes a NUN and if any of your friends is a Catholic ask them - according to MID DAY Review - a catholic woman who becomes a NUN is considered as a spouse of Jesus Christ. and according to PC's interpretation she has committed a crime by marrying JESUS. also, we all know JESUS was crucified and later reborn.

haha. i suppose. the climax was designed in a way to show that she is going to marry ruskin bond. 😀 but she becomes a nun and hence marries jesus. and then she is shown dancing with a jesus like figure. i am surprised no christian group has started protesting already. 😀

So the conclusion is that Priyanka Chopra is not her old self and that's why Vivaan Shah tells Konkona Sen that she is dead in the end?And secondly, the seventh husband is Jesus...One more thing, when does Ruskin Bond appear in the movie?

dude! he is the priest she meets in the end at the bar. and who mmm makes her a nun!

for a moment it looks like she was going to marry him. the dialogs were portrayed in that manner. 🙂

Oh okay, I remember now... And what about the above two statements? Have we concluded that those are right?

Also, what was with Priyanka Chopra killing herself right at the start of the movie? Is that the actual ending?

The movie is not bad, watchable once, though the story seems much suited for a novel (Susana's Seven Husbands) than a movie. Vishal Bharadwaj did not have much control due to the plot. It will never appeal to the mainstream movie watchers as well as art film lovers.Priyanka Chopra was not perfect for the role but she did manage it well. The plot seems run forward and the director could not give more time to the characters of each husband.Atleast Naseeruddin shah's role shud have been extended, the tension wud hv been great.

yeap. everything is largely predictable. the only suspense is something that has not been utilized much. i mean you end up thinking what happens in the end. but by the time the movie has ended. 😀

Yeah and the start which I referred to at in my last post. Anyone know what really happens to PC?