s Upgradation From 590 to 849 NU worth it ?

• Thread starter Thread starter Surfer
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 3,685
finally got my plan changed .. i can see that its been changed in the MTNL usage page .. but i am still synced at 256 kbps ... bummer ... looks like another round of MTNL CC for me now ..

Thats normal... Call up 1500 and pester them.... its just a 2 minute job... but they wont do it unless u follow up with them on a regular basis. And get it done before Diwali... otherwise u will have to celebrate Diwali with 256kbps bandwidth 😀

ok .. does anybody have a direct no to any MTNL AGM/GM or anybody in the server room at prabhadevi . I am officially pissed off ... inspite of calling the MTNL CC thrice a day for one whole week .. they have not upgraded my speed to 2MBPS .... I am tired of calling them and wish to contact some higher power now ...

Hello Members,

Wish you a very Happy and Disconnectivity free High Bandwidth Diwali 🙂

2 Mbps is really a treat but only if the following stands true,

1. Your line is in close to perfect condition, very low attenuation or signal loss or any electro-magnetic
interference.
2. Get line parameters tested before you apply an upgrade from 590 NU or any 256 kbps plan.
3. I had been using NU and I applied for IPTV, IPTV obviously requires very high bandwidth so they mistakingly upgraded the speed to 2mbps by removing all limitations. I faced very unstable connectivity though close to 1.5 Mbps, but not for long could my happiness live.
5. It took me a hell out convincing MTNL guys to decrease my broadband bandwidth. Nobody would understand why I wanted to downgrade. I tried to convince an engineer at senior levels that they cant provide a perfect line conditions hence they must downgrade and send them numerous screen shots of ADSL stats parameters like SNR and Attenuation.

Nobody seem to understand so finally I asked , forget about reasoning my problem just do that I want 256 kbps thats all. My PC cant handle 2Mbps and some one at their end was kind enough to put some bandwidth restrictions and since then stable Internet and ..life is good at 256 kbps.

Those who have very Good Line , must go for 2mbps.

Thought I should share what I had to face ...upgrading accidently and down grading after numerous mails and calls.

Regards
SK