Leo_88

ISP
HI...

Broadband Connection Type: BSNL H500
Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Ubuntu 9.04

RVK2488 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: No Night Unlimited Automation working for me
Here is what I do [and its working great for last 1.5yrs ]

First of all, you will have to set your modem in bridge mode. I will post a good link for that as soon as I find it. But its actually not that hard.

Anyways, after setup of bridge mode, create a dialer through XP [Control Pannel >> Network Connections >> Create new connection...

Then create 2 batch files.

Dial file code:
RASDIAL

Disconnect file code:
RASDIAL /disconnect

Now, schedule the two files through windows scheduler.
For the Dial batch file, set the start time say, 2:05 AM each day. and then the Schedule properties i.e. Right Click on the scheduled task, Properties >> Schedule >> Advanced, select Repeat Task every 5 min and select for 6 hours. This way, if it does not get connected first time due to some error or if gets off sometime during the 6 hours period, no problem! It will automatically try every 5 min anyways.

Now, set the time for disconnection batch file @ say7:58 AM each day.

Now, download a program called Auto Power ON and Shutdown [I am using 2.04v]
In that you can schedule tasks easily. Auto PowerOn & ShutDown - Wake up your PC and Auto ShutDown

Schedule first task to start PC @ 2:00 AM each day.

Then add a task to run utorrent [or any other torrent client you are using] to run @ say 2:06 AM everyday

Then finally schedule a task to run @ 7:59 AM everyday to Shut Down your PC

Done!

Now, you can select what torrents you want to download and set it accordingly in torrent client before you go to sleep, then put your PC in hibernate mode while going to sleep, and it will automatically start PC at 2AM, connect broadband @ 2:05, start torrent client @ 2:06, disconnect @ 7:58, and shut down @7:59 AM

I read your post....i liked it very much...

But i m not able to power on pc....how to use program plz help me...

When i set power on schedule....it starts pc....but it shows ADMINISTARTOR account at start up...so i have to click on it to start program...Is there any way to avoid it...

THXXXXXX

You have to activate Auto Logon under options tab and enter username and password (if u have one).

@ Leo_88

yeah, as Maxfx said, you have to first set some password for your admin / any other user, and then in Option tab, check 'Activate' for Auto LogOn feature, and enter username and password. :thumb:

Sorry, for late reply

THX very much bros.Another que...If i put my com on hibernate on 11 pm....leaving my modem on...and program will start downloading at 2: 05 am to 7:55 am....WILL I BE CHARGED MORE ???My modem will be on till 11 pm....Sry for bad english.....πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

THX very much bros.

Another que...

If i put my com on hibernate on 11 pm....leaving my modem on...and program will start downloading at 2: 05 am to 7:55 am....WILL I BE CHARGED MORE ???

My modem will be on till 11 pm....

Sry for bad english.....

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

IF you have the modem in BRIDGE MODE [which I believe you have, since you are using everything else the way I suggested] then there will be NO PROBLEM. coz the session starts when you are actually dialed with ur username and password. So, just the modem being ON does not matter. Dont worry. Just disconnect the net before you put ur PC in hibernate mode and go to sleep :thumb:

Thx Again.....I m on bridge mode now....I hae to enter usename and pass when i wanna surf or download..,.How to creat batch file......???THX:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

thx again.....

I m on bridge mode now....i hae to enter usename and pass when i wanna surf or download..,.

How to creat batch file......???

Thx

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

shift to pppoe mode

Thx Again.....

I m on bridge mode now....I hae to enter usename and pass when i wanna surf or download..,.

How to creat batch file......???

THX

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Open notepad,

type this:

RASDIAL

[there is 1 space between each word] for connection name, use whatever name you have given while creating the dialer thru Control Panel...

so suppose your connection dialer name is BSNL, then

Dial file code:
RASDIAL BSNL abc_user password

^^^

is for a username 'abc_user' with password as 'password'

then save file as ".bat" for example, dial.bat

then add its shortcut to your desktop / quick launch bar...and just click it..and your connected! :irock:

similarly, for disconnecting, use this:

RASDIAL /disconnect

for example,

RASDIAL BSNL /disconnect

save as ".bat" again...for example disc.bat :thumbsup:

THX THX THX THX again bro....πŸ˜€I put my pc on hibernate yesterday...at 11 pm or around.I scheduled pc to power on at 1:55 am...Program powered on my pc but window was not start perfectely.....When i saw my pc today morning...i saw just black screen and nothing...so nothing was downloaded...What is this ?THXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

I scheduled pc to power on at 1:55 am...Program powered on my pc but window was not start perfectely.....When i saw my pc today morning...i saw just black screen and nothing...so nothing was downloaded...

can u explain a bit more? did u checked whether anything was downloaded or you think nothing was downloaded? :huh:

coz, when my PC starts, it is also blank after it boots. But when you press any key / roll mouse, you see the desktop..so its like a screensaver kind of thing i guess...

in ur case, when u checked ur PC, what did u see after the blank screen?

HIiiiiWHen i saw my pc with blank screen....I tried to roll mouse....also i press some keys...and ctrl + alt + del.But pc was not responding...I m gonna try again ...THXXXXXπŸ˜€πŸ˜€

HIiiii

WHen i saw my pc with blank screen....

I tried to roll mouse....also i press some keys...and ctrl + alt + del.

But pc was not responding...

I m gonna try again ...

THXXXXX

πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Check one thing,

check the free space available on your C drive [or whichever is your main drive]

now this space should be ideally at least twice [or more] than the amount of RAM.
for example, if you have 2GB RAM, C drive should have more than 4GB of FREE space. otherwise sometimes hibernate option does not work as desired.

actually it works even when you have free space = twice (RAM) πŸ˜€

YO RVK2488My pc was started succesufully at night time...BAT FILE WORKING GREATLY...I scheduled pc at 1: 54 pm and pc was started...Conenction was also connected...///but pc hanged again today,,,Tonight pc started...but no resoponding from 10-15 min...So no downloaded still todayBB 1000,downloadspeed Upto 2 Mbps 2009/10/13 01:55:21 2009/10/13 02:12:51 2 7 9 1050 1 I also tried by NEW TASK in vista,,,so pc power on ,,,but no responce after some minutes...I think all problem r bcoz of hibernateHere is my pc hardware...Amd Phenom X4 Quad Core Processor 9950 Black Edition4 gb ram (800 Mhz)160+160 gb HDATI Radeon 4850 512 mb Graphics CardWin Vista home premium x64Broadband model : SmartAX MT880 (Bridged)(in use) UT-300R2U (Not Bridged)(not in use)NOTHING IS OVERCLOCKEDpc hangs after hibernate bcoz of 4 gb ram ??????????THXXXXπŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€