Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Everybody is interested to know the date of next AGM, when some official announcements about Gigafiber are expected to be announced.

As per company law, Reliance is obliged to conduct AGM before 30-09-2019 by giving 21 days advance notice. While it normally conducts AGM in the months of June July, it conducted AGM on 01-09-2016 when Jio was announced.

So, this year when Gigafiber scheme is likely to be announced, the AGM is more likely to be in the month of Sept may be on a Thu or a Fri as was the case in the last few years. Of course, we do not know how much will we know about the Gigafiber schemes in this year's AGM.

Last edited:
While Reliance will announce something about JioFiber to keep the interests alive, I don't expect any commercial operation before the first half of 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if it is extended to the second half of 2020, just before the next year's AGM. Even in 2020, the speed of deployment is going to be slow due to nature of last-mile connectivity.

Commercial launch will happen this year.I have understood their strategy,Jio is putting their fiber & junction boxes in places where other ISP's have their junction boxes.A simple but effective strategy.Jio knows that potential customers are there.The are planning to snatch up customers from incumbent operators.I am seeing Jio distribution boxes every pole where there is other ISP's. I speculate that the way jio brought unlimited calling on 4G,by same way it will bring unlimited data on fiber.Another revolution is coming.😉

Successfully booked a connection. I didn't received any message regarding installation appointment. But I received the order number, landline number.
How/where did you booked connection? Did you pay security deposit? I have filled registration form online but got no response. Jio fiber cable is laid near my home but i did not see any terminal box?

Commercial launch will happen this year.I have understood their strategy,Jio is putting their fiber & junction boxes in places where other ISP's have their junction boxes.A simple but effective strategy.Jio knows that potential customers are there.The are planning to snatch up customers from incumbent operators.I am seeing Jio distribution boxes every pole where there is other ISP's. I speculate that the way jio brought unlimited calling on 4G,by same way it will bring unlimited data on fiber.Another revolution is coming.😉

I will be happy if the commercial launch happens this year.

What makes you to think or guess about unlimited data? If there is unlimited data, they could've announced it already, thus increasing the hype. Of course, they already provide unlimited data under preview. But, they never mentioned about unlimited data during the preview offer.

I am more interested in knowing the (exact) cities that Reliance plans to cover, than the launch date or data caps in it. Does anyone have any idea?

I don't think there will be unlimited data in Jio Gigafiber at cheap rates. Jio has to think of plans on pan India basis. According to the Sales manager who gave the connection to me said that Jio won't be having city based plans which is the current norm for other ISPs.

So while giving high speed unlimited data could be cheaper in a city like Hyderabad or Chennai but it is certainly not cheaper to be providing the same plan in a city like Dehradun. This is the reason why I think Jio won't have CHEAP unlimited high speed.

Plus Jio is giving IPTV service as well which again cuts down the data usage because people will move back to traditional TV from OTT apps like Hotstar, Zee, Sony etc

I am so surprised..... that all of you are so eager and anxious about Jio gigafiber commercial launch......... jaise sabke account me 15-15 lakh rupees aane ho......

I am more than happy with 30Mbps unlimited @500/- all inclusive.

My only apprehension is that with the launch of Jio triple play service..... Apps like Thop & Oreo will stop working.

@ijsa I'd be happy to pay 5k for 30mbps unlimited, if there is such a plan in my place or anywhere near my place. There is zero interest from BSNL or any private player to provide fiber in my place which is a municipality, that can be called as tier 4/5 city. What's surprising is that even BSNL that provides the best customer care here doesn't have interest in fiber. That only means Reliance has an influence on the decision making in BSNL. I still remember when we had broadband-over-WiFi on every municipality in our district. When Jio 4g was about to launch, all were shutdown due to Reliance that had convinced BSNL top authorities to shutdown broadband-over-WiFi service in the entire district. I am sure BSNL has lost at least 1000 customers who migrated to Jio 4g. Of course, we all know the current state of Jio 4g speed that comes to a halt on a busy day. Now, a lot of businesses in our district are without a broadband that can offer decent upload speeds. BSNL ADSL based broadband is still okay for those who don't care about upload speed.

What's worse is... currently, my state(TN) is the most corrupt state as of now. Without commission, nothing happens. That's the primary reason why TN lacks way behind its target in Bharat Net initiative. Only yesterday, they (politicians) found a way to make money out of this Bharat Net too and made an announcement regarding the same in the assembly. I don't know the success of Bharat Net in other states. But, I don't have high hopes in TN. That's the reason why I am looking for the commercial launch of Jio Fiber. If we are sure that they don't launch in our district, we can at least push BSNL to provide fiber with the help of LCO. Remember that each district can take decision with respect to inviting LCOs to provide fiber. If there is enough interest from consumers, there is nothing (except Reliance) to stop BSNL to issue a tender inviting LCOs to start providing fiber. They desperately need money. LCO takes care of all the costs to maintain and operate fiber. So, if we are sure that Jio Fiber won't come here, nothing can stop BSNL to start providing fiber. BSNL is way better than Jio fiber technically.

Oh, btw... Jio will only provide the speed upto 100mbps, when it launches commercially. It may take another couple of years to provide giga speeds. Even Airtel provides over 100 Mbps with its controversial vdsl tech in most cities where it operates. It is really a shame to have upto 100 Mbps with fiber.

jio is already providing gigabit speeds to some users, mainly in navi mumbai, this was since a couple of years ago.

airtel also has 300 mbps plans on its fiber.

and this "up to" is a shame yes, but ISPs need to cover their asses with this "terms and conditions" being set in place.

No friends or clients in Navi Mumbai. So, wasn't aware of giga speeds in Jio. But, have been using most other popular ISPs in India. All I need is ssh or TeamViewer to test drive the other end. BSNL is currently far better. But, Airtel is better than BSNL when we compare all. Of course, things can change in a couple of years from now, as Jio has a strong team to back it up. They just haven't scaled well so far.

huh? say what?!

If I have an issue with BSNL or Airtel, I know whom to approach and how to resolve it in a maximum of 48 hours. It could be ping times or slowness to international servers. Both don't block websites without reason either. Just because, Jio fiber hasn't launched commercially, they don't have the right to block domains in the name of law, when there is no particular law is in place.

I think in a few years from now 5G technology can even kill off and replace FTTH if it lives up to its promise of high speeds and low latencies and gormint does not screw up the spectrum allocation.

After all, FTTH still has "last mile" deployment/wiring problems, what with all these rival LCO people cutting each others' wires and all that crap.