Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

My speculation is that even if they announce it the rollout will take a long time to spread around the country anyway. They might announce plans and pricing at AGM so that they can start charging money from all the users who are currently enjoying it for free 😀

Sales engineer told me that commercial launch will not happen until atleast December 2019. They are getting good number of bookings because of this statement only.

My speculation is if they launch this year itself means there will be pricing like pay for 6 months and get 6 months subscriptions free. Making it pay for 6 months advance and use it for a year.

Nah, right now the official word is you get 3 months free trial period if I am not mistaken, so they will just start charging users after their 3 months (or more) period is over.

Gigafiber is expected to connect to around 1100 cities ultimately. At present the service appears to be available in less than 10% of cities and that too in 10% of areas in each city. That means only about 1 to 5% of targeted homes across the country are ready for connection as of now.

The commercial launch needs to be made with package prices and the same are going to be attractive to poach existing users. Affected competitors are likely to go to raise an alarm and may be forced to limit free access to 3 months as in the case of Jio.

This being the case, Jio may declare the commercial launch only when it is ready to reach at least half of the homes. Post launch, long waiting list is expected, which also will increase the public interest.

Let us wait and see.

Gigafiber is expected to connect to around 1100 cities ultimately. At present the service appears to be available in less than 10% of cities and that too in 10% of areas in each city. That means only about 1 to 5% of targeted homes across the country are ready for connection as of now.

The commercial launch needs to be made with package prices and the same are going to be attractive to poach existing users. Affected competitors are likely to go to raise an alarm and may be forced to limit free access to 3 months as in the case of Jio.

This being the case, Jio may declare the commercial launch only when it is ready to reach at least half of the homes. Post launch, long waiting list is expected, which also will increase the public interest.

Let us wait and see.

Thats what sales engineer also told me. I think they will just reveal the triple play plan and some other value added benefits of Jio fiber. They are laying fibers, poles, boxes aggressively in and around Chennai but they are taking ages to make it live and ready for sale.

I think service will launched commercially but availability will be limited and they will start charging all current users from september.

Successfully booked a connection. I didn't received any message regarding installation appointment. But I received the order number, landline number.