Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

In my case, installation was on the 4th day and activation on the 5th day.
But there is no standard. My friends got in 1 to 30 days. Another got refund after about 50 days, but no connection, due to some unexplained reason.

@undercover Are you talking about just IPTV or GIgafiber as a whole i.e. no commercial launch?

Launching without IPTV would be a disappointment. One of the attractions of Gigafiber is the Triple Play services.
As a whole.

As a whole.
@undercover Why you don't replying. Please reply.

I have also white Jio GigaFiber JCO500 and I just want to verify that what is the hardware and firmware version difference between white JCO500 and black colour JCO300 Jio GigaFiber routers because both are dual band and having security fee Rs4500?

Q1. What is your Jio Gigafiber black colour JCO300 dual band Rs4500 WiFi router device's "Hardware version" and "Firmware version"?

[Note:- To check this, you have to visit on Jio GigaFiber login page by typing 192.168.29.1 on browser url of mobile or PC (only work when device is connected with Jio GigaFiber) and then put default User Name is admin (small "a") and password is "Jiocentrum" (capital "J") then go to Status» Device Status» System Information.
(provide the full detailed number of hardware and firmware). ]

Q2. What is current Firmware Date? To check this go to Administration» Maintenance» Firmware Upgrade.

Because your questions are irrelevant, redundant in nature and spammy.
These questions are not irrelevant and spammy. In this form only you who have JCO300 black dual band WiFi. I just want to confirm these two details i.e., Hardware version and software version.

I have white Dual band JCO500.
It's Firmware version:- FXCTF1_JCO500_R1.140,

Hardware
version :- S2f

current Firmware Date:- Wed Mar 6 14:37:24 UTC 2019

Just confirm what's the difference between both (JCO500 and JCO300) and if there is Rs4500 security deposit then why Jio providing two different kinds of routers?

I seriously hope there is wifi support, but it seems unlikely to me.

On a side note, do we get long ethernet cables? And if we do, how much does it costs?
Its an android box with Jio apps customized for that and in some videos the whole OS or UI is customized. So, it can work with wifi , lets see how it affects the speed.

To be honest, this news is not trustworthy. The whole article is contradicting itself and the writing skills of the editor is pathetic.

1. The First Point mentions Launch is expected to launch at Annual Meeting.
2. The Third Point mentions Launch is not going to happen anytime soon.

Both points itself contradicts each other. What I mean to say is that the article is written for nothing but just to make a clickbait.

They have also denied to mention the source of the news/information. Which is a question mark. You can write an article saying "JioGigaFiber is going to be free for one year because someone told this with a consent of identity being private". (I mean, What the credibility of the news)?

Secondly, JioGigaFiber's lines are being installed throughout Delhi very fast. They are able to cover areas within 1 week now. So they install the wires. All they need is to activate the area (which they are waiting for the main lines to come to the area by digging up which takes time and permission).

Whole article is nothing but a clickbait where the major score for the website itself is the Traffic targeting "JioGigaFiber Free for One Year".

It's aim is not to share the news of late launch. It's aim is to grab the attention of Google Searches aiming for Free Reliance Fiber Connection (which people searches broadly).

I think its a sales tactic opted by jio sales person.. As the news article mentions
we have learnt from service engineers responsible for installing new GigaFiber connections under the Preview offer that the official launch of the service may not happen anytime soon. On condition of anonymity, the person told the India Today Tech that GigaFiber would continue to be free for nearly one more year as part of the Preview offer because the official launch is not expected this year

I can confirm, this exact statement was said to me by the salesperson who came to collect the details and payment for jio connection. Now it could be hard sell tactics but I don't know why he would use it on me, I was already sold lol 😆

It's nothing but a gimmick. No one actually knows when the Jio is launching. Jio's core team itself doesn't have answer to this.

How do I know? My friend's father works in Reliance (core team) and he himself is working at Jio.

Jio will launch when they think they are ready. They are not rushing anything as they are still testing and working on stuff to improve the experience for the consumers.

They are working on optimizations just like last couple of days/months many of the customers must have noticed improved latency.

Jio isn't rushing like Tata or Airtel. They are aiming for the #1 spot for Broadband in India.

And the question of LCO? They themselves are not willing to work with LCO directly. They want control of the operations. They want to sideline the LCO so that they don't harm their infrastructures. LCO's are not being directly involved (at-least for now).

So if your's Area's Hathway, Siti, Den and Excitel are in bad shape, you have no worries about LCO since they cannot compete with Reliance for their couple of double digit connections.

Only real threat, Reliance has is Airtel (max) and somewhat ACT. Any other LCO or ISP or BSNL even are not a threat.

BSNL is not a threat because BSNL doesn't have good customer support. So the people are sticking with them as they don't have choice.

Unsure > I believe they are working on Hathway too side-by-side to make a healthy competition in the market. So basically, with Hathway and Jio Fiber in the same area, ultimately the money is going in the same pockets. (It's like Ola and Uber competing with each other where both's Angel Investor is the same).

So if one cost you 100 Rs. And other cost you 110 Rs. As the competition rises, both will lower or higher the prices. Overall, making a bigger market share for the same parent company. It will risk the Airtel a lot.

That's why Airtel might take some serious steps for the Fiber in coming year.

No one actually knows when the Jio is launching. Jio's core team itself doesn't have answer to this.

How do I know? My friend's father works in Reliance (core team) and he himself is working at Jio.

If they haven't decided within the core team yet assuming your info is correct, how do you expect them to announce commercial launch at AGM? AGM is usually held in July.

Nobody is expecting an announcement during the AGM, that is also part of all the clickbait speculation articles. Of course, anything is possible either way.