Rumours about Reliance Jio Gigafiber and Broadband Plans

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
Commercial launch may be only after full offering of Triple play scheme to all old and new customers.

Jun 23, 2019
Successfully booked a connection. I didn't received any message regarding installation appointment. But I received the order number, landline number.

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
Everybody is interested to know the date of next AGM, when some official announcements about Gigafiber are expected to be announced.

As per company law, Reliance is obliged to conduct AGM before 30-09-2019 by giving 21 days advance notice. While it normally conducts AGM in the months of June July, it conducted AGM on 01-09-2016 when Jio was announced.

So, this year when Gigafiber scheme is likely to be announced, the AGM is more likely to be in the month of Sept may be on a Thu or a Fri as was the case in the last few years. Of course, we do not know how much will we know about the Gigafiber schemes in this year's AGM.

Last edited:
Reactions: pothi

pothi

Regulars
Aug 5, 2008
Srivilliputhur / Madurai (TN)
While Reliance will announce something about JioFiber to keep the interests alive, I don't expect any commercial operation before the first half of 2020. I wouldn't be surprised if it is extended to the second half of 2020, just before the next year's AGM. Even in 2020, the speed of deployment is going to be slow due to nature of last-mile connectivity.

Reactions: Lobogris

Deb_1

Regulars
Feb 8, 2017
Commercial launch will happen this year.I have understood their strategy,Jio is putting their fiber & junction boxes in places where other ISP's have their junction boxes.A simple but effective strategy.Jio knows that potential customers are there.The are planning to snatch up customers from incumbent operators.I am seeing Jio distribution boxes every pole where there is other ISP's. I speculate that the way jio brought unlimited calling on 4G,by same way it will bring unlimited data on fiber.Another revolution is coming.;)

raman07

Regulars
Nov 12, 2014
Successfully booked a connection. I didn't received any message regarding installation appointment. But I received the order number, landline number.
How/where did you booked connection? Did you pay security deposit? I have filled registration form online but got no response. Jio fiber cable is laid near my home but i did not see any terminal box?