Rumours about Reliance Jio Gigafiber and Broadband Plans

yougotmehere

Regulars
Nov 14, 2013
Ludhiana / Gurgaon
@yougotmehere I think after RIL AGM this month the ports will be enabled 🤔
Well, things should pickup after announcement. However, if the wiring & box installation is complete and you haven't seen any Engineer tinkering with the boxes for the past 15-20 days then most likely it is under internal testing phase which they usually complete in 30-45 days. Post that they'll take 7-10 days to enable the ports.

Reactions: Vishal | Chennai

yougotmehere

Regulars
Nov 14, 2013
Ludhiana / Gurgaon
Just now, on completion of 3 months of Silver JPO, now I am auto renewed to Silver plan with validity of one month, of course continues to be free.

Does it mean that some thing about to come out within a month?
Not sure if something would come up. However, post the expiry of 3 months all accounts are on monthly renewal basis till now. Three Month Plan is only one time at the time of activation.

yougotmehere

Regulars
Nov 14, 2013
Ludhiana / Gurgaon
@Vishal | Chennai One day. The sales guy booked my connection on 7th April and it was installed on 8th April. I would have gotten the connection earlier on 25th March but me and my neighbour were the only 2 houses that weren't marked green on the map while rest of the houses were green since 25th March. The sales guy was very aggressive and would every day follow with the tech engineers to have my house marked green. On the day of the connection, I was made to learn that the delay was because one of the boxes which serves me was having excess voltage and they had to merge the 2 boxes prior to my house in the lane.

Reactions: Vishal | Chennai

MSR Murthy

Regulars
Dec 31, 2016
Hyderabad
In my case, installation was on the 4th day and activation on the 5th day.
But there is no standard. My friends got in 1 to 30 days. Another got refund after about 50 days, but no connection, due to some unexplained reason.

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
As a whole.
@undercover Why you don't replying. Please reply.

I have also white Jio GigaFiber JCO500 and I just want to verify that what is the hardware and firmware version difference between white JCO500 and black colour JCO300 Jio GigaFiber routers because both are dual band and having security fee Rs4500?

Q1. What is your Jio Gigafiber black colour JCO300 dual band Rs4500 WiFi router device's "Hardware version" and "Firmware version"?

[Note:- To check this, you have to visit on Jio GigaFiber login page by typing 192.168.29.1 on browser url of mobile or PC (only work when device is connected with Jio GigaFiber) and then put default User Name is admin (small "a") and password is "Jiocentrum" (capital "J") then go to Status» Device Status» System Information.
(provide the full detailed number of hardware and firmware). ]

Q2. What is current Firmware Date? To check this go to Administration» Maintenance» Firmware Upgrade.

SG_curiosity

Regulars
May 19, 2019
Because your questions are irrelevant, redundant in nature and spammy.
These questions are not irrelevant and spammy. In this form only you who have JCO300 black dual band WiFi. I just want to confirm these two details i.e., Hardware version and software version.

I have white Dual band JCO500.
It's Firmware version:- FXCTF1_JCO500_R1.140,

Hardware
version :- S2f

current Firmware Date:- Wed Mar 6 14:37:24 UTC 2019

Just confirm what's the difference between both (JCO500 and JCO300) and if there is Rs4500 security deposit then why Jio providing two different kinds of routers?