Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

iptv does not use internet. it is kind of a local network.

it is not supposed to lol. i have used airtel iptv. it sort of worked fine even on 4mbps plan back then. one ethernet port was assigned to the stb. which had dedicated 2mbps stream separate from the 4mbps line for internet which was available through the other three ethernet ports on the router.

one thing though. if i started a torrent, iptv feed did get affected. but that was probably because the copper cable was saturated. not because i was saturating the internet line. that should not be a problem on fiber connection.

i gave example of torrent because it was the only activity that constantly used internet at peak speed back then. now it is streaming services. i still do use torrent. pretty much 24x7.

it is not supposed to lol. i have used airtel iptv. it sort of worked fine even on 4mbps plan back then. one ethernet port was assigned to the stb. which had dedicated 2mbps stream separate from the 4mbps line for internet which was available through the other three ethernet ports on the router.

So we need to connect Jio ONT with STB via ethernet cable? Man, my TV and Jio ONT are on different floors.

i am pretty sure you would need some sort of cable. i do not think there are wireless solutions out yet 👀

According to leaks, the base plan will offer speeds of 50Mbps and will be available for Rs 600 per month. The 100Mbps plan that has been available to Preview subscribers is expected to cost Rs 1,000 per month.

This is a bogus report... as the 2.4 GHz band gives max 50 mbps thats why reporters are saying "Jio will offer 50 mbps",Given the huge amount of International bandhwidth(+CDN,peering) they have not laid huge fiber for just 50 mbps and shit fup. The plan is a lot more.

So we need to connect Jio ONT with STB via ethernet cable? Man, my TV and Jio ONT are on different floors.
i am pretty sure you would need some sort of cable. i do not think there are wireless solutions out yet 👀

youtube.com/watch?v=nfMeI9Ta_q4
J3t7ANi.jpg

it might be possible. but user experience could be pretty bad. you would probably need a high end router and receiver. could turn out to be a costly affair.

ethernet cables can be as long as you want. i do not think there is much loss in performance till you cross like 100 meters. readymade cables might not work here so you might need to buy cat6 cable and do manual crimping.