Rumored strategies by Airtel Broadband to steal customers from other ISPs

• Thread starter Thread starter Sushubh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1,934
^ there does appear to be some truth in this one, in Greater Noida when Airtel had completed the underground wiring in 2008 there was a sudden spurt in cuts in BSNL underground cabling which were unexpectedly prolonged as a result nearly everybody applied for Airtel and shifted to it!

Heh. Happened to one of my friend's too. Airtel chap came to deliver a sim card, minutes later we see him fiddling with the bsnl cabinet , line goes dead and airtel conveniently calls the next day, offering a line. But .... the airtel cabinet's door was broken, I needn't elaborate after that 😛

I will rather wait for BSNL/MTNL connection, than go for Airtel. There is no point in writing how bad is Airtel, the whole world knows it.

what are you going to wait for when bsnl guys are not going to get you a connection in the first place?

Deleted. Wrong thread..

what are you going to wait for when bsnl guys are not going to get you a connection in the first place?

I've an MTNL connection and suffered with it for over a year, because the exchange was far away. Now, they have setup the exchange nearby and service is better. During this time, I blundered by asking Airtel if they provide broadband service near my place. The response was "Go to an Airtel center, pay registration fee. The engineer will come and check if the service can be provided". I asked what will happen to the registration fee if the service can not be provided? No answer.

Can people use RTI to find out if ports are really used up or BSNL/MTNL is bluffing?

Woah, gotta stay updated on this thread. That's shameful of Airtel. And shameless of BSNL lol.