Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

It's like a miracle 1Gbps in a country like India and the good thing is it's free up til 31 December....

Personally , I don't care about 1Gbps. Only it should have great FUP unlike ACT, which has pathetic FUPs. Anything more than 20-30 mbps for streaming . . . Moreover, it's only to their server and probably to Google. Don't know how much it will affect image loading from international servers - only real time thing I feel a little slowness in.

Do you see any JIO logos or difference in their cables? I want to move to place with fiber when I shift next to Chennai. Do Reliance Digital guys know anything about this stuff? Hopefully it will force ACT to give UL plans or change their FUP.

OMG 1 Gbps. I can stream Netflix at 4K all month. Hope it reaches Tier 2 and 3 cities and towns.

@r19 Bro,I didn't see the cables.The guy just said they've been laying cables since January.He also mentioned you can get ftth in chennai ,if you know the person in charge of ftth.He said it takes a maximum of three days to get it all started.

Reactions: r19
@r19 Bro,I didn't see the cables.The guy just said they've been laying cables since January.He also mentioned you can get ftth in chennai ,if you know the person in charge of ftth.He said it takes a maximum of three days to get it all started.

So it means cable is completely underground? I think it should be above the ground near building at least.

EDIT: Will FTTH cover whole city? Does anyone know if Google Fiber covers almost whole city to get a perspective.

Last edited:
Hi guys
I heard reliance is starting with Jio gigafiber broadband with initial free unlimited browsing for 90 days and speed of 100mbps(not exact sure)

Can anyone confirm on this and any idea when this will be launched in Bangalore

how many people are going to discover this already discussed offering and start new thread with no information about it?