Rumored Reliance Jio Fiber Broadband Plans

Reliance can only make the names, spend money, make us the poor indians fools.

Just dont expect things for free.
We Indians dont pay right and always choose the least possible plan from a ISP and then expect it to offer 1Gbps..
Its very wrong.

So basically reliance will use out sentiments, make some hoax, release some sh***ty products with fancy names, and then go away with the polluted market share and then you are back to your old ISP again.

So, dont fall into the trap.

I just went to my local digital store,They are now offering Ftth.It's unlimited for three months and speeds upto 1Gbps.However he says they speeds won't cross 250 in my place.For installation he asked Rs.2500.

How do fiber providers in general (and how will Jio too) handle cuts in the fiber cables with FTTH ?

Is it easy to fix? Or if there is a cut somewhere (I know most of it is underground) near the customer installation location, will they have to wait for days/weeks to get it fixed?
Nah. it takes around 4~5 hours to get fixed (as far as ACT is concerned) And I don't think its fiber wires are laid underground?

I just went to my local digital store,They are now offering Ftth.It's unlimited for three months and speeds upto 1Gbps.However he says they speeds won't cross 250 in my place.For installation he asked Rs.2500.
what after 3 months? 1mbps unlimited? 😀

No,He said you'll have true unlimited plans come out in January or so,Until then it's true unlimited and the money I pay is 100% refundable.So I guess,It's totally worth it.

Nah. it takes around 4~5 hours to get fixed (as far as ACT is concerned) And I don't think its fiber wires are laid underground?

Yeah, the main fiber cables are laid underground but for FTT-H (to the Home) they might need to put cables (fiber or coaxial) overhead or something to reach your home maybe.

Came across this YT video how they use a small machine to fix/splice the fiber!

Source

Can you confirm whether the product is FTTH or Jio Link, since Jio Office is not providing FTTH services in Vellore now. Currently FFTH is available in few areas in Chennai & Coimbatore.

I'm positive he said ftth .He also mentioned they've been laying optic fiber cables since January and said this offer is for commercial use but he said he'll provide it for me since he knows me .

There was a twitter post showing Jio FTTH Wifi box with model/code "JCO550" so I searched on Zauba (that import data site) for that and it shows around 1.5 lakh devices imported at cost of around 4k each. Not clear if that is JIO (must be) and if there are others/more in there...